New Construction Milestone

MiamiManiac131

For those who are interested in every detail of our new stadium's progress, they began to lift the rails for the roof this morning. You can see the first beam (Northwest side of the stadium, closest to the plaza) several feet off the ground in the latest webcam picture. Enjoy!!

One Step Closer!!!

That huge horizontal beam seems to be almost in position now. Love to see the stadium inching its way up before our eyes!

The wife wants to take a cruise past the site before we hit FanFest on Saturday. It would be interesting.

I recommend it. The Web Cam doesn't really allow you to appreciate the humongous size of the columns and the rest of the structures that are already up.

Seriously. I was going to South Beach a couple weeks ago and was shocked by the incredible size of the columns.

The wife wants to take a cruise past the site before we hit FanFest on Saturday. It would be interesting.

I recommend it. The Web Cam doesn't really allow you to appreciate the humongous size of the columns and the rest of the structures that are already up.

Seriously. I was going to South Beach a couple weeks ago and was shocked by the incredible size of the columns.

LOL Okay guys. It's a done deal then. Problem is that our car knows the way to Joe Robbie. Gonna have to fight it once we get near that exit. Probably have to bribe it with a new smelly thing to hang from the mirror.

We cruised by. Bowl area coming along nicely. The columns didn't impress me with their size like they did you guys, but it was nice to see work being done on them. It was worth the trip.

Mid Saturday morning, in the "fast" lanes once on 95 and it added about 15-20 minutes to the trip. Don't know how that translates into a mid week excursion around rush hour. Or after a game trying to get out of that area. But it is what it is I suppose.

One question tho. Where do I go to get my signal lights to flash in Spanish? Right now they seem to be saying, "Please speed up and block me from that lane." Offensive drivers are really offensive. But at least they signal me that I am #1 in their hearts when I decide to cut them off anyway.

We cruised by. Bowl area coming along nicely. The columns didn't impress me with their size like they did you guys, but it was nice to see work being done on them. It was worth the trip.

Mid Saturday morning, in the "fast" lanes once on 95 and it added about 15-20 minutes to the trip. Don't know how that translates into a mid week excursion around rush hour. Or after a game trying to get out of that area. But it is what it is I suppose.

One question tho. Where do I go to get my signal lights to flash in Spanish? Right now they seem to be saying, "Please speed up and block me from that lane." Offensive drivers are really offensive. But at least they signal me that I am #1 in their hearts when I decide to cut them off anyway.

Wait wait wait... that's not what that means?

Wait wait wait... that's not what that means?

Okay buddy. Every once in a while your dad's driving instructions come through over your mom's. (Yea, you told me that story once.)

The fast lanes going north on 95 always kick ass for me.

Yeah, same here, although I don't live in Miami anymore and have only used them a few times.

I really like those lanes. Wouldn't mind having them in PBC. I seem to have the bad luck of always buying shoes where the right one is alot heavier than the left one, if ya know what I mean. Just a couple questions.... Are they really better during rush hour traffic? And during that time how is it to get from them way over to the right to get off on an exit?

I've never used them during rush hour as my work allows me to stay away from it. But there have been times where I'm going almost 90 in the fast lanes while everyone else is going around 50.

I have used them during rush hour and they are awesome. Definately worth the extra toll to cut a half hour off a commute. They will come in very hand in 2012 going to the new park.

Yeah, same here, although I don't live in Miami anymore and have only used them a few times.

I really like those lanes. Wouldn't mind having them in PBC. I seem to have the bad luck of always buying shoes where the right one is alot heavier than the left one, if ya know what I mean. Just a couple questions.... Are they really better during rush hour traffic? And during that time how is it to get from them way over to the right to get off on an exit?

They guarantee that the user of the fast lanes will be going at least 50 m/h (I was able to go much faster when I used them). They do this by increasing the toll as the use increases, which in turn decreases their use and therefore keeps the fast lanes from getting over crowded. This means that the rush hour use cost more but you will indeed be going at least 50 miles an hour.

As far as getting off the fast lanes:the exit is restricted to the final destination only. Going north it is the Golden Glades interchange and going south it is Miami (or an exit really close to Miami, I'm not sure about this)

They guarantee that the user of the fast lanes will be going at least 50 m/h (I was able to go much faster when I used them). They do this by increasing the toll as the use increases, which in turn decreases their use and therefore keeps the fast lanes from getting over crowded. This means that the rush hour use cost more but you will indeed be going at least 50 miles an hour.

As far as getting off the fast lanes:the exit is restricted to the final destination only. Going north it is the Golden Glades interchange and going south it is Miami (or an exit really close to Miami, I'm not sure about this)

Kinda lost me on that one. This was our first time. And we went strictly by what my Dash Nag told us to do. Seems like the fast lanes ended at about 836 (is that Golden Glades?). But I still have to wonder how it is going to be getting from the far left to the far right to get onto 836 during rush hour. From there it seems pretty much a breeze. Of course that's at about 11:00 or so on a Saturday morning. Going to try it a couple times during rush hour traffic. I just have this feeling it is going to basically shut us out of any week night games. 15-20 minutes more each way on the week ends is one thing, during the week in heavy traffic is something else. Some of us have to work the next day.

BTW This isn't a complaint. We are trying to adjust to the new pond by checking out how things might be and then planning ahead for that. I get frustrated with the folks from Broward and PBC that just complain and say they won't be returning in 2012 without at least trying a sample run or two to back themselves up. We will keep our season tickets for a year or two after the change and then reevaluate how things are going. But I will say that StubHub has been pretty good to us for selling tix we know we won't be using.

I've never used them during rush hour as my work allows me to stay away from it. But there have been times where I'm going almost 90 in the fast lanes while everyone else is going around 50.

I have used them during rush hour and they are awesome. Definately worth the extra toll to cut a half hour off a commute. They will come in very hand in 2012 going to the new park.

Sweet! but its probably going to be reallllly nasty getting out of those parking garages. Good thing I have gated parking close by so I can skip that headache. I might even try to sell some spaces....hmmm...

I brought this up to Samson at the Holiday Party. He seems to think that because of the way they are structuring things such as where they have you park and traffic flow that this will not be the case. I tend to disagree with him. Regardless, until folks get used to things it is still going to be a headache. It should get better as time goes on, but......

Kinda lost me on that one. This was our first time. And we went strictly by what my Dash Nag told us to do. Seems like the fast lanes ended at about 836 (is that Golden Glades?). But I still have to wonder how it is going to be getting from the far left to the far right to get onto 836 during rush hour. From there it seems pretty much a breeze. Of course that's at about 11:00 or so on a Saturday morning. Going to try it a couple times during rush hour traffic. I just have this feeling it is going to basically shut us out of any week night games. 15-20 minutes more each way on the week ends is one thing, during the week in heavy traffic is something else. Some of us have to work the next day.

BTW This isn't a complaint. We are trying to adjust to the new pond by checking out how things might be and then planning ahead for that. I get frustrated with the folks from Broward and PBC that just complain and say they won't be returning in 2012 without at least trying a sample run or two to back themselves up. We will keep our season tickets for a year or two after the change and then reevaluate how things are going. But I will say that StubHub has been pretty good to us for selling tix we know we won't be using.

Highway 836 west (Dolphin Expressway) is the exit that you need to take from 95 when you are going SOUTH toward the new ballpark. There should not be a problem going from the left lanes to the right lanes at that time since the main rush hour traffic will be going north on 95.

The Golden Glades interchange is in the north Miami area where the Palmetto (826) meets I-95. This is where the express lanes end when going NORTH on I-95. However for those of you that live in Broward and Palm Beach counties, getting out of Miami, if you take the north bound fast lanes on I-95, you can stay on the left lanes after the fast lanes end and take the fly-over which will put you back on 95 north when it rejoins the main traffic lanes north of the Golden Glades interchange. But at the time the games end, the traffic going north on I-95 will probably not be so bad and you may save a couple of buck by not having to use the express lanes going north.

I went to a game in San Diego and parked in a parking garage. I was very pleasantly surprised at the speed at which the garage emptied. With the help of the cops that stopped the street traffic every few minutes, we found ourselves actually speeding down the garage ramps and onto the streets in no time.

i was just looking at the webcam and notices that some bright lights were on there....are the workers working at night as well?

Maybe some minor stuff like clean-up and such. But I would imagine those are security lights.

I have passed by and I've seen a few worker working under the lights, but I suspect is only minor stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.