Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stanton sent down

Featured Replies

Come on, it's painfully obvious they sent him down mostly for financial reasons (arbitration clock) and to get him warmed up to come in to the league so he can hit a walk off home run against the rays in his first game. And hopefully repeat the career of the last marlin to do so. =P

 

I don't doubt that's part of it but no matter how good they were in Spring Training, you can't bring up a 20 year old kid who only hit .231 in his half season of AA.

I think with the pitching staff the way it is, the front office REALISTICALLY should know that the chances of competing this year aren't that great, so there's no point in bringing up Stanton yet.

I think with the pitching staff the way it is, the front office REALISTICALLY should know that the chances of competing this year aren't that great, so there's no point in bringing up Stanton yet.

 

 

I disagree with this completely. There is a lot of question marks over the form of starters 3-5 however with a strong 1-2 punch, a capable if not spectacular bullpen and a lineup capable of scoring a ton of runs, we are set up for a major push to the playoffs. Of course if starters 3-5 bomb all year this wont be the case. However Loria was disappointed we didnt make the playoffs last year, and I reckon if we fail to make them this season then Fredi may be given the boot.

Stanton isn't up to start the season because there currently isn't room for him. Also got to remember he is only 20 and needs more AA at-bats.

Stanton BTW is starting in right field today.

 

Lf Coghlan

Cf Maybin

SS Ramirez

3b Cantu

2b Uggla

C Baker, rf

RF Stanton

1b Gaby

P Hensley

I think with the pitching staff the way it is, the front office REALISTICALLY should know that the chances of competing this year aren't that great, so there's no point in bringing up Stanton yet.

 

 

I disagree with this completely. There is a lot of question marks over the form of starters 3-5 however with a strong 1-2 punch, a capable if not spectacular bullpen and a lineup capable of scoring a ton of runs, we are set up for a major push to the playoffs. Of course if starters 3-5 bomb all year this wont be the case. However Loria was disappointed we didnt make the playoffs last year, and I reckon if we fail to make them this season then Fredi may be given the boot.

Stanton isn't up to start the season because there currently isn't room for him. Also got to remember he is only 20 and needs more AA at-bats.

 

Heck even if we were out of contention early why not call him up. He can play with out the pressure of feeling like he has to perform so the team can keep winning.

 

Now I'm not to keen on all the service time stuff so maybe they would keep him down for those reasons.

Stanton BTW is starting in right field today.

 

Lf Coghlan

Cf Maybin

SS Ramirez

3b Cantu

2b Uggla

C Baker, rf

RF Stanton

1b Gaby

P Hensley

 

 

I gather he took over because of the injury to Ross?

I think with the pitching staff the way it is, the front office REALISTICALLY should know that the chances of competing this year aren't that great, so there's no point in bringing up Stanton yet.

 

 

I disagree with this completely. There is a lot of question marks over the form of starters 3-5 however with a strong 1-2 punch, a capable if not spectacular bullpen and a lineup capable of scoring a ton of runs, we are set up for a major push to the playoffs. Of course if starters 3-5 bomb all year this wont be the case. However Loria was disappointed we didnt make the playoffs last year, and I reckon if we fail to make them this season then Fredi may be given the boot.

Stanton isn't up to start the season because there currently isn't room for him. Also got to remember he is only 20 and needs more AA at-bats.

 

That's a lot of wishful thinking. Spectacular bullpen? Huh?

 

Even if we have two good starters (and Nolasco can be unreliable as well), some other teams in the division, like the Braves, have much better pitching.

I think with the pitching staff the way it is, the front office REALISTICALLY should know that the chances of competing this year aren't that great, so there's no point in bringing up Stanton yet.

 

 

I disagree with this completely. There is a lot of question marks over the form of starters 3-5 however with a strong 1-2 punch, a capable if not spectacular bullpen and a lineup capable of scoring a ton of runs, we are set up for a major push to the playoffs. Of course if starters 3-5 bomb all year this wont be the case. However Loria was disappointed we didnt make the playoffs last year, and I reckon if we fail to make them this season then Fredi may be given the boot.

Stanton isn't up to start the season because there currently isn't room for him. Also got to remember he is only 20 and needs more AA at-bats.

 

That's a lot of wishful thinking. Spectacular bullpen? Huh?

 

Even if we have two good starters (and Nolasco can be unreliable as well), some other teams in the division, like the Braves, have much better pitching.

 

I said the bullpen was NOT spectacular, but I believe they are a capable unit.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.