Jason Heyward hits 3 run homer in first ab

furcalchick

jason heyward, probably the most hyped prospect in quite some time, hit a big three run blast in the bottom of the first in his first at bat off carlos zambrano, and it was a bomb. if you haven't seen the homer yet, it was gone the second it left the bat, and everyone knew it at the ted. i couldn't stop smiling or screaming for quite some time afterward. biggest highlight of our 16-5 opening day win.

so why didnt we draft this guy before dominguez?

We drafted some guy by the name of Michael Stanton 37th. So we got our long term 3rd baseman and long term right fielder in the 1st and 2nd round, extremely successful draft.

We drafted some guy by the name of Michael Stanton 37th. So we got our long term 3rd baseman and long term right fielder in the 1st and 2nd round, extremely successful draft.

I'm not arguing anything because I simply don't know, but I've heard that Dominguez is turning into a bust. How has he been doing? I've seen a few of his numbers, (BA, RBI, etc.) and they weren't anything out of this world :o

I'm not arguing anything because I simply don't know, but I've heard that Dominguez is turning into a bust. How has he been doing? I've seen a few of his numbers, (BA, RBI, etc.) and they weren't anything out of this world :o

That's because Dominguez is known primarily for his outstanding defense, mostly compared to Ryan Zimmerman. Dominguez is expected to win multiple gold glove awards once he reaches the majors.

And last season, he was on fire in single A before he was called up, and he struggled in the same way Stanton struggled after the promotion. Just needs time to settle in, he's pretty good offensively as well.

Heyward's home run was epic. Then add the fact that it was his first swing, against Zambrano, and the Cubs got pummeled today. Super day in the ATL from an observer standpoint!

Congrats to Braves fans, because they get to watch him play this season and in the future. Hopefully our own home grown stud can deliver in similar ways when he makes his appearance. :thumbup

jason heyward, probably the most hyped prospect in quite some time, hit a big three run blast in the bottom of the first in his first at bat off carlos zambrano, and it was a bomb. if you haven't seen the homer yet, it was gone the second it left the bat, and everyone knew it at the ted. i couldn't stop smiling or screaming for quite some time afterward. biggest highlight of our 16-5 opening day win.

I think is an exaggeration. David Price was more hyped. Others, too. Heyward just became a household name to more casual fans this spring. Strasburg and maybe even Chapman are more hyped, also.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.