Panhandle Marlins fans re: TV

Jorge Regula

I used to be able to watch almost every game on SUN network or FSN. Im aware of the changes regarding Rays get FSN and Marlins get SUN, but I havent gotten to see the last two games because they have shown basketball and hockey instead. Is this how its going to be?

I live in Pensacola, fwiw. Im dissapointed beyond belief, im hoping this is just a freak situation but im fearing the worst.

Well, my program guide has said I should be getting the Marlins tonight, but I'm getting hockey. I don't know why this is the case right now, but it hasn't been an incredibly big deal since I can see them on MLB extra innings in the free preview with Brighthouse, but after that I'll be really worried.

Maybe its just a ploy to force us to get the package, but I've got news for Brighthouse. If they are trying to play me into buying a more expensive package, I can't afford it, so not only will I not be buying it, but the rest of my TV package will be cancelled as its pretty much only for baseball as is.

TV guide says Marlins dodgers but the Rays pregame is on. What's the deal?

It seems like it's the same crap the some of us dealt with last year. I thought they finally had it figured out. idk

I think the Heat being on Sun tonight has screwed it up,not sure. It's just frustrating as hell to never know for sure if the game will be on even when it's listed.

Marlins game is on Sun Sports tonight, but I'm seeing Boxing right now on Comcast in Fort Myers. There was talk, and posts, on these forums a month ago that all cable providers had the full package, but maybe not. Last night I didn't have the game either, we had the Rays on FS-Florida instead.

Either Comcast or Sun sucks balls. Seriously

Seriously. I'm calling Comcast about this later and if they're doing the same thing as the last two seasons... I'm going to switch to Satellite. A little more hassle and annoying because I now live in an apartment block, but this is just BS.

"After two years of not showing the full schedule of Florida Marlins and Tampa Bay Rays baseball games on Sun Sports and Fox Sports Florida, Comcast and the cable networks have agreed to offer the full schedule of regional TV games this season.

All but a couple of the 150 Marlins game regional telecasts on Fox Sports Florida, and all but a few of the 150 Rays games on Sun Sports will be shown by Comcast, according to Amy Pempel, director of media relations for Sun Sports and Fox Sports Florida.

Pempel said there are conflicts with NBA coverage with Rays or Marlins games on April 7, 9 and 12. On those nights, Comcast is carrying the Marlins game on April 7, the Rays on April 9 and the Marlins on April 12, all on FSN Florida."

So... this makes sense in that The Rays game was on the 9th like they said and not the Marlins. Shame that was our home opener, but whatever. Sun Sports was the game on Saturday so maybe that had something to do with it although we got the Sun Sports game on... Thursday I believe. Still... if that's the case, the 2 Sun Sports games are now out of the way. So.... if this is all true as reported, we should be in the clear now.

I hope this is how it works out for all of us and that we had a good season of many Marlins games. They're all in HD which is extra awesome.

^^Well that's encouraging if it is indeed true and makes a little more sense now. Thanks for looking that up and posting it.

I don't trust them showing a game even when it's listed though until I actually see Marlins Live come on before the game. I'm just going to feel like that all season I guess. I did notice on both the Rays and Marlins schedules this year that pretty much all of the Marlins games were FSN and Rays were Sun. Which is something they should have done a couple years ago. Give each team their own network. Glad they finally figured it out if it really worksout like that. We'll see

damn i feel sorry for you guys, in S.Fla we never have that problem, if Marlins game aint on FSN its on SUN(provided, Rays arent playing at same time)

I cant help you with that but AT &T U-verse is apparently cheaper(i have it) than Comcast or Direct Tv, and they have currently 2 SUN channel and 2 FSN Florida channels as well to prevent that problem...

Comcast/FSN Florida listing has lied again! After a long day of work, I come home expecting the Marlins game to be on, but NOOOO. I am so sick of this bull$hit. It's also blacked out on MLB Network.

It looks like I am going to have to go to Ale House for the second time this week.

$#&*@!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.