Season Ticket Holder Alert

BroncoBob27

Talking to my sales rep a couple days ago, he told me to expect an email about June 3rd regarding an appointment to go down to the offices across the street from the new stadium to view our new seats. All sight lines from your seat will be available through a computer. He said they were planning on doing two season ticket holders per hour, and gave me a tentative date for mine.

I also found out that the fans get first priority. They know who the scalpers, travel agencies, etc. are that buy "large" tracts of seats. Those type STH's get whatever is left. This was great news to me.

I don't know if we have to make some type of deposit or sign a contract for those seats for any length of time. I do know some teams have their STH's sign a contract for x amount of years, so it wouldn't come as a shock if they did something along those lines.

I also found out that the fans get first priority. They know who the scalpers, travel agencies, etc. are that buy "large" tracts of seats. Those type STH's get whatever is left. This was great news to me

How do they Know who the the scalpers, travel agencies, etc. are? The don't deal with anybody that looks like this?:

I also found out that the fans get first priority. They know who the scalpers, travel agencies, etc. are that buy "large" tracts of seats. Those type STH's get whatever is left. This was great news to me

How do they Know who the the scalpers, travel agencies, etc. are? The don't deal with anybody that looks like this?:

I have no idea how they know. But they do.

I'm assuming they are only taking orders for full season ticket packages? I'm a partial season ticket holder and got that e-mail as well. I guess I'll go see what they have to say, but I doubt I'd be able to get a full package anytime soon.

I'm assuming they are only taking orders for full season ticket packages? I'm a partial season ticket holder and got that e-mail as well. I guess I'll go see what they have to say, but I doubt I'd be able to get a full package anytime soon.

My rep told me they are only selling full season tix for now. That is their goal. Maybe in the future, they may be partial plans, but if they can sell out on full season tix, they will. There will be a 20% deposit due, but I think he said for those paying big bucks for the top seats, the 20% can be paid over a certain period of time.

At the beginning, in 93, I bought a 25% interest in 4 seats, and the marlins sold the other 75% to others. Then they allocated the tickets as fairly as possible. It worked out fine, but back then, even weeknight games had 30-35,000 so it was still energetic. For opening day, each person got one ticket, went by myself, and the other three seats were empty. Anyway, they dont think they want to do it this way again.

Actually, this afternoon, after posting my question, my rep called me and asked if I was interested. I asked him about partial plans and he said they won't be doing that till October (I don't know if he meant this October or the next). If anyone hears anything more concrete, let us know here.

I think they are filling orders for the full season ticket holders first. But not to worry. I know a few that aren't going to renew in the Fish Tank. And once they are back home next week and I get to talk to others around me, I can almost guarantee alot of them won't be. What they say is the equivalent of my front row Fish Tank seats in the new place is a 322% increase.

That wasn't a typo. 322% increase. That wasn't what Samson told us at the Holiday Party when he visited our table. And they still aren't saying what parking is going to be. Needless to say, we are a little ticked off.

Be prepared at that meeting Maxx. They are wanting a 20% down payment on your new package right then. 30% more next June, and the final 50% January of 2012. We still have 3 more payments on our 2011 tickets, and now they want alot more $$$$ for 2012. Guess they figure the economy is okay now.

I think they are filling orders for the full season ticket holders first. But not to worry. I know a few that aren't going to renew in the Fish Tank. And once they are back home next week and I get to talk to others around me, I can almost guarantee alot of them won't be. What they say is the equivalent of my front row Fish Tank seats in the new place is a 322% increase.

That wasn't a typo. 322% increase. That wasn't what Samson told us at the Holiday Party when he visited our table. And they still aren't saying what parking is going to be. Needless to say, we are a little ticked off.

Be prepared at that meeting Maxx. They are wanting a 20% down payment on your new package right then. 30% more next June, and the final 50% January of 2012. We still have 3 more payments on our 2011 tickets, and now they want alot more $$$$ for 2012. Guess they figure the economy is okay now.

you told me their going up next season but if put price too high their wont get all game sellout first season at ballpark that are saying going happen i see few of your friend wont renew

That's some serious increase in the lower levels.

Damn straight it is. When I first saw the prices I called my sales rep and asked him what the season ticket prices were going to be. I thought those were the prices for game day purchases.

Fish Tank equivalent is Bullpen Reserved. When it says $15-20 they mean the $20 is front row. Supposedly like that for all the sections. Not sure how many rows that price goes back, but I think it's just front row.

We have plenty of senority on our seats. Even if someone that had far more expensive seats at Joe Robbie decided to move to our section, they lose their senority. So if they aren't putting us in Section 35, Row 1, Seats 1 and 2, then I am going to explode on them. That would be exactly where we sit at Joe Robbie, and have for years. Raising my prices THAT much and lose my equivalent seating would be too much to politely accept for me. Wife even says she will go off on them.

July 6th, 10:30 AM. Gonna be interesting.

you told me their going up next season but if put price too high their wont get all game sellout first season at ballpark that are saying going happen i see few of your friend wont renew

I have no idea what they are going up to next season. I don't think they will be equal to what you will be paying in 2012, but whoever it is that knows isn't saying yet. Just like they aren't saying what parking prices will be. We took advantage of the deal they gave us this year. Pay for 2010 at 2009 prices and also make the 6 part payment plan starting in March of this year for 2011 tickets at 2009 prices. We took that as a "Thank You" to the season ticket holders for being loyal to the orginazation. Little did we know it was lubrication for the screwing we were about to get.

But I agree with you. I would figure add at least $5-10 to those costs for game day purchases. Maybe more for those "prime" games. Not to mention parking increases. Sell outs will be very infrequent. Even in our "place to be seen" fan base. I thought maybe 3 years before that new ball park smell wore off and attendance dropped back down. I'm beginning to waver on that prediction now.

What does "*Based On Full Season" mean? If there's an imminent strike or something are they gonna make up for lost profits by jacking the prices for the games that are gonna be played?

I am assuming it means those are the prices if you buy the full season package. Partial season ticket prices are going to be a little higher. I'm pretty sure that is how it works now.

I personally like Right Field over all of the higher priced options. Well, I mean I'd love to sit behind home plate but at those prices it's not even worth considering.

Are you a full STH right now? If you move from your "comparable seating" to a different section you lose your senority.

Are there any full STH here that have come to any kind of decision yet? We are really torn on this.

I personally like Right Field over all of the higher priced options. Well, I mean I'd love to sit behind home plate but at those prices it's not even worth considering.

Are you a full STH right now? If you move from your "comparable seating" to a different section you lose your senority.

Are there any full STH here that have come to any kind of decision yet? We are really torn on this.

No, I'm not. I've been planning on buying season tickets when the Marlins move into the new stadium. I don't know if that'll be possible though :o Tons of people seem to have those full season tickets or partial season tickets

No, I'm not. I've been planning on buying season tickets when the Marlins move into the new stadium. I don't know if that'll be possible though :o Tons of people seem to have those full season tickets or partial season tickets

Don't know where you get that idea.

At the Holiday Party this past December I was introduced to someone in the FO that has access to these numbers. The answers were surprising. As of then we had about 2100 full STH. Around 2500 partial plans. Most of those had commited to the 2010 AND 2011 seasons.

There will be plenty of all plans open come 2012. More for 2013. Yet more for 2014.

Count on it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm all set to go! Got my seat in Sect 31, Row 1 (In HR territory, right over the Marlins bullpen, unobstructed views of the entire field, clear view of the scoreboard)

Not as close to the field as I currently am in the Fish Tank (126), but the left field seats at the new ballpark were clearly better than the equivalent R-CF seats (big scoreboard behind you, overhang above). They offered me seats in the overhang as well, but I enjoy being closer to field level.

Either way, I ca't wait! 2012 hurry up and get here already!

PS - Nice to see you at the sales center, BroncoBob!

I'm all set to go! Got my seat in Sect 31, Row 1 (In HR territory, right over the Marlins bullpen, unobstructed views of the entire field, clear view of the scoreboard)

Not as close to the field as I currently am in the Fish Tank (126), but the left field seats at the new ballpark were clearly better than the equivalent R-CF seats (big scoreboard behind you, overhang above). They offered me seats in the overhang as well, but I enjoy being closer to field level.

Either way, I ca't wait! 2012 hurry up and get here already!

PS - Nice to see you at the sales center, BroncoBob!

Nice to see you there too. Saw some other friends as we were leaving.

We opted differently. Looked at those seats too but can't see the out of town scoreboard, among a couple other little things. We went with Sec 305, Row 1, nearest 1B. Took seats 21 and 22, and let our friends have 23 and 24 so he could have more room for his long legs (on the aisle). If it hadn't been for that 3D display they had there we would most likely be sitting next to you. That thing beats out the one on line by a long shot. I also prefer field level but I just couldn't argue with the view of everything we get from these seats.

We are just going to see how it all works out that first year. But most likely downgrade to a partial package in a different section after that.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.