June 12, 201016 yr The Rays currently have 3 catchers on their roster; I'm sure they'd be willing to give one of those guys up. The guy they're most likely to give up would probably be Dioner Navarro. Not exactly a huge upgrade over Hayes, in my opinion, but it's worth noting that he did post a .295/.349/.407 (.757 .OPS) in 470 PA's in 2008. He had a .777 .OPS against righties that year, as well (although, he's actually had more success against lefties in his career, for what it's worth). All in all, I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get him, and I'd take him over Hayes. The Rays have no need for him. I'd much rather have Kelly Shoppach.
June 15, 201016 yr from PBP: No surgery but more rest for Florida Marlins catcher John Baker by Joe Capozzi Marlins catcher John Baker got some good news Monday from Dr. James Andrews: No surgery is needed on his sore right forearm, but Baker will need to rest it at least four more weeks. That means Ronny Paulino will be the man behind the dish for a good part of the season, since Baker won’t return until after the All Star break. http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/2010/06/15/no-surgery-but-more-rest-for-florida-marlins-catcher-john-baker/
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.