Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/22 Rockies vs Marlins

Featured Replies

So interesting that Hanley is not playing today

 

 

I thought so too. It could e he needs rest because he was at the ASG when the team was resting (except for JJ). It really doesn't seem as if Hanley is pushing himself. Except for about a week before ASG when he said he needed to "step up". Well it appears to me he "stepped down".

I really love having an all around versatile guy on our team like Donnie Murphy!

Now I wish we'd send down Boni or Peterson and recall B.C.

 

 

 

Boni is hitting a bit so far and is getting some stolen bases in his role. So, if he continues he should stay on team. I don't kno about Peterson, I rather have B.C up here only for his arm in the outfield.

I think it's time to lock up Cody and Uggla to respectable contracts. Maybin hasn't shown he can perform. Trade Cantu.

 

 

Cantu is gone most likely. I think Marlins will either move Cogs to 3rd or ask Uggla to go to third, so Cogs can play 2nd....cause Morrison is probably gonna be up at one point playing LF.

 

Well, I think it's the most obvious since he'll be a free agent and we can bring up Morrison. I think it'll be a positive move. But who are they going to get in return? I would like them to stockpile some more young players. Getting one player won't send this team over the top. If the players here would perform, we'd be winning the division.

 

I don't know. I don't even know for sure what a C+ prospect is. I pay attention to Marlins and some players on different teams and standings in MLB. Hardly look at minor league. I can only guess a C grade prospect is a decent player? Nothing special?

 

The prospect grading system is a letter to grade a young players Potential.

Stanton has had great potential with his 5 tools so he's an A, Prospect.

Logan has solid tools in glove, bat, arm and decent power so he's about a B+ Prospect in the minors.

Chris Coghlan when coming up was a B prospect, Gaby was a C + and Hanley was a B+.

I really love having an all around versatile guy on our team like Donnie Murphy!

Now I wish we'd send down Boni or Peterson and recall B.C.

 

 

 

Judging how Boni is hitting now...suddenly..I don't think they'll send him down anytime soon

 

Yeah but I don't see a purpose in having Peterson. He doesn't hit well in the MLB and we don't really use him for defense, I'd rather have a more experienced player in Carroll then Peterson.

 

 

I wouldn't mind seeing BC back

 

BC has a cannon for an arm.

I really love having an all around versatile guy on our team like Donnie Murphy!

Now I wish we'd send down Boni or Peterson and recall B.C.

 

 

 

Judging how Boni is hitting now...suddenly..I don't think they'll send him down anytime soon

 

Yeah but I don't see a purpose in having Peterson. He doesn't hit well in the MLB and we don't really use him for defense, I'd rather have a more experienced player in Carroll then Peterson.

 

 

I wouldn't mind seeing BC back

 

BC has a cannon for an arm.

 

Yeah I remember. Who knows, we might seem him up sooner or later

Yeah I remember. Who knows, we might seem him up sooner or later

 

 

I doubt it because he's struggling in the minors offensively but I really don't care I like him because he's versatile and plays gold glove Defense.

Yeah I remember. Who knows, we might seem him up sooner or later

 

 

I doubt it because he's struggling in the minors offensively but I really don't care I like him because he's versatile and plays gold glove Defense.

 

 

Oh, didn't know he was struggling. I remember him having a good arm but don't remember how well he did on defense.

Yeah I remember. Who knows, we might seem him up sooner or later

 

 

I doubt it because he's struggling in the minors offensively but I really don't care I like him because he's versatile and plays gold glove Defense.

 

 

Oh, didn't know he was struggling. I remember him having a good arm but don't remember how well he did on defense.

 

Yeah his defense is without a doubt great and he could possibly win a gold glove with a full year of playing time (which he probably will never get) and right now in AAA he's hitting .217/.289/.362 with 3 HR's 13 RBI's 3 SB's in 138 at bats.

His main plus is against LHP he's hitting .258/.343/.516 in 33 at bats.

Can someone out there please clone JJ! we need a few more of him

 

 

Loria would just trade them away for prospects. There's no way he'd pay them.:mischief

Can someone out there please clone JJ! we need a few more of him

 

 

He'll go one more which is fine because our bullpen is fresh. I see Veras/Tank/Sanches in the 7th, Clay in the 8th and Leo in the 9th.

All we have to do is put up another 2 or 3 runs and we should be fine.

Yeah I remember. Who knows, we might seem him up sooner or later

 

 

I doubt it because he's struggling in the minors offensively but I really don't care I like him because he's versatile and plays gold glove Defense.

 

 

Oh, didn't know he was struggling. I remember him having a good arm but don't remember how well he did on defense.

 

Yeah his defense is without a doubt great and he could possibly win a gold glove with a full year of playing time (which he probably will never get) and right now in AAA he's hitting .217/.289/.362 with 3 HR's 13 RBI's 3 SB's in 138 at bats.

His main plus is against LHP he's hitting .258/.343/.516 in 33 at bats.

 

 

Nice, well if not this year then hopefully he'll be with us next year. I hope he gets out of his slump there. We could use someone who hits well off lefties

Ugh we need to score more runs. We can't lose this game and split the series after beating Ubaldo and having Ricky pitch like he did.

Can someone out there please clone JJ! we need a few more of him

 

 

Loria would just trade them away for prospects. There's no way he'd pay them.:mischief

 

haha that's so true

Can someone out there please clone JJ! we need a few more of him

 

 

He'll go one more which is fine because our bullpen is fresh. I see Veras/Tank/Sanches in the 7th, Clay in the 8th and Leo in the 9th.

All we have to do is put up another 2 or 3 runs and we should be fine.

 

 

Unfortunately that's usually our problem, scoring add-on runs. Let's hope we can

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.