Who had the best offseason?

Erick

2 - Phillies (might need offense)

Howard, Utley, Victorino, Rollins, Brown, Ibanez and Polanco isn't enough?!

If they're all fully healthy, this group will mash and destroy at CBP and around the league, with the added factor of speed [Rollins and Victorino] and situational hitting [previous mentioned two + Polanco]

They're going to win 100+ games this year with both their pitching and those guys, they don't need any more offense.

It's been a long time since J-Roll has been any good. Victorino is a solid player but not all that great offensively, Polanco sucks, Ibanez is going to be 39 and wasn't all that great last season, Brown definitely didn't look ready last season. But yeah, Howard and Utley are cool.

I agree with Rab on this one.

J -Roll has been pretty irrelevant since his MVP year in 07 and is only getting older.

Victorino is solid but his speed makes him seem a lot better then he actually is. Polanco is whatever, nothing special he just had the outburst early on in the season. Ibanez is declining big time. Brown should be good but doesn't look ready yet. Which leave Carlos Ruiz who's a solid hitting catcher but nothing too great and the big two bats in Utley and Howard. Howard had on off year due to some nagging injuries which could be a reoccurring factor for the rest of his career and Utley was injured for a good amount of time but is still an awesome player and should be an all star again for the next few years if he stays healthy.

Phillies pitching is ridiculous though and 3 or 4 runs a game may do the trick with guys like Oswalt, Hamels, Lee and Halladay.

If they're all fully healthy, this group will mash and destroy at CBP and around the league, with the added factor of speed [Rollins and Victorino] and situational hitting [previous mentioned two + Polanco]

They're going to win 100+ games this year with both their pitching and those guys, they don't need any more offense.

It's been a long time since J-Roll has been any good. Victorino is a solid player but not all that great offensively, Polanco sucks, Ibanez is going to be 39 and wasn't all that great last season, Brown definitely didn't look ready last season. But yeah, Howard and Utley are cool.

J -Roll has been pretty irrelevant since his MVP year in 07 and is only getting older.

Victorino is solid but his speed makes him seem a lot better then he actually is. Polanco is whatever, nothing special he just had the outburst early on in the season. Ibanez is declining big time. Brown should be good but doesn't look ready yet. Which leave Carlos Ruiz who's a solid hitting catcher but nothing too great and the big two bats in Utley and Howard. Howard had on off year due to some nagging injuries which could be a reoccurring factor for the rest of his career and Utley was injured for a good amount of time but is still an awesome player and should be an all star again for the next few years if he stays healthy.

Phillies pitching is ridiculous though and 3 or 4 runs a game may do the trick with guys like Oswalt, Hamels, Lee and Halladay.

Which is exactly why that group of 7 guys is enough!

They don't need more offense.

Which is exactly why that group of 7 guys is enough!

They don't need more offense.

Bold Prediction - Yankees finish in 3rd this season :whistle

I don't know who will finish 2nd, but I honestly think that this upcoming season, the AL East is a crapshoot (except for the Sox in 1st)

I'm just wondering what makes the Red Sox 'clearly better' than the Yankees, as the majority seem to think. Personally, I don't see it. It's going to be another tight divisional race between those two, and whoever doesn't win the division will probably not make the playoffs because there's no longer a team in the division to consistently beat up on.

I don't know who will finish 2nd, but I honestly think that this upcoming season, the AL East is a crapshoot (except for the Sox in 1st)

I'm just wondering what makes the Red Sox 'clearly better' than the Yankees, as the majority seem to think. Personally, I don't see it. It's going to be another tight divisional race between those two, and whoever doesn't win the division will probably not make the playoffs because there's no longer a team in the division to consistently beat up on.

Rotation

Beckett, Lester, Lackey, Buchholz, Matsuzaka is far better than Sabathia, Burnett, Hughes, Mitre???, Colon???

Rotation

Beckett, Lester, Lackey, Buchholz, Matsuzaka is far better than Sabathia, Burnett, Hughes, Mitre???, Colon???

Rotation

Lackey was rather average last year; Beckett sucked last year; Matzusaka just flat out sucks.

Not to mention, last year was Buccholz first good year, and he overachieved according to peripherals. I wouldn't expect him to duplicate a 2.33 ERA, or even come close to that, really.

Their rotation is better than the Yankees, but it has plenty of question marks. The only guy who's been consistently legit in recent years has been Lester.

Rotation

Lackey was rather average last year; Beckett sucked last year; Matzusaka just flat out sucks.

Not to mention, last year was Buccholz first good year, and he overachieved according to peripherals. I wouldn't expect him to duplicate a 2.33 ERA, or even come close to that, really.

Their rotation is better than the Yankees, but it has plenty of question marks. The only guy who's been consistently legit in recent years has been Lester.

J-Roll needs to have a good year for that team to be an offensive machine ... but they do get a healthy Utley so that should compensate

I'm just not sold on J-Roll, Ibanez, Polanco, Ruiz, RF

Too left handed dependant but the pitching more than makes up for it

J-Roll needs to have a good year for that team to be an offensive machine ... but they do get a healthy Utley so that should compensate

I'm just not sold on J-Roll, Ibanez, Polanco, Ruiz, RF

Too left handed dependant but the pitching more than makes up for it