Hanley placed on DL, Hand selected

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hanley Ramirez placed on 15-day DL, retroactive to May 30, with left back strain.

Brad Hand was selected and will wear #52.

Guest Guest

So he's scheduled to come back next Monday?

Well he's eligible to return 15 days from 5/30 but it doesn't necessarily mean he will. They just did it retroactively because they could.

Well he's eligible to return 15 days from 5/30 but it doesn't necessarily mean he will. They just did it retroactively because they could.

Right, I'm thinking best case scenario that at the end of the 15 days, he's ready to play and dominate.

Right, I'm thinking best case scenario that at the end of the 15 days, he's ready to play and dominate.

If there ever was a time we needed Hanley to dominate it's is as soon as he gets off the DL, I'm not going to guess at his return because frankly I have no idea what kind of length a back strain would result in, I'm hoping for earliest as possible if he isn't back before the interleague AL west matchups (20th) I may start to get worried. I MIGHT BE WORRIED!

Hanley hopes to miss a week

MIAMI — Going on the 15-day disabled list for the first time in his career hasn’t dampened Hanley Ramirez’s enthusiasm about a speedy recovery.

The Marlins’ three-time All-Star shortstop feels he may only be out a week.

On Monday afternoon, Ramirez was placed on the 15-day disabled list — retroactive to May 30 — with a left back strain. Shortly after the decision was made, the 27-year-old sounded confident that he could be back in lineup on June 14, when the Marlins open a four-game series with the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park.

“I hope it’s just a week,� Ramirez said.

Due to the retroactive date, June 14 is the first day Ramirez is eligible to be reinstated. Monday was the most confident the Florida shortstop has sounded about a speedy return.

“Today, I haven’t had that tingle in my leg,� he said. “Everything has been improving. I think I feel way better today than I did yesterday and the day before.�

– Joe Frisaro

http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/2011/06/06/hanley-hopes-to-miss-a-week/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.