Trailer for Moneyball: The Movie

gizmo

I might have read the script for this movie already. It might seem pretty good based on that.

Seeing the trailer, one thing that irks me is something I've noticed in other baseball movies: the night games are too dark. They film those scenes at like 3 AM and they never use all of the stadium lights (probably to save money).

I'm guessing it's more for dramatic effect.

Also... how'd you manage to read the script? I'm a huge fan of Sorkin's, so I've been waiting for this for a while.

A friend of mine better connected with these things showed me two different copies of it. One was pre-Soderbergh and one post-Soderbergh. Neither has Sorkin's name on the cover, but the post-Soderbergh one seems to match the trailer pretty well.

The film centers heavily on Beane, but a lot of attention is given to this "island of misfit toys" concept surrounding the players. Giambi's departure is a catalyst and then you see stuff like David Justice being considered the savior, Hatteberg being afraid to play first base, and Bradford being this super OCD guy with a weird delivery.

This sounds good to me. I'm guessing the players are played by actors and not themselves?

A friend of mine better connected with these things showed me two different copies of it. One was pre-Soderbergh and one post-Soderbergh. Neither has Sorkin's name on the cover, but the post-Soderbergh one seems to match the trailer pretty well.

The film centers heavily on Beane, but a lot of attention is given to this "island of misfit toys" concept surrounding the players. Giambi's departure is a catalyst and then you see stuff like David Justice being considered the savior, Hatteberg being afraid to play first base, and Bradford being this super OCD guy with a weird delivery.

This sounds good to me. I'm guessing the players are played by actors and not themselves?

Yeah, though the original version had Hatteberg and David Justice playing themselves.

On the plus side, watching Royce Clayton play Miguel Tejada should be awesome.