Do we need a MarlinsBaseball.com Android app?

SC_Marlins_Fan

I've thought about an app in the past but the problem is I don't really know what I'd do with it beyond what the mobile skin already does.

That and creating an app is costly if you don't know how to program them which I don't. There are free app makers but they won't create anything of any real value.

I'm exploring some ideas though to see if there's anything I can put together.

I've thought about an app in the past but the problem is I don't really know what I'd do with it beyond what the mobile skin already does.

That and creating an app is costly if you don't know how to program them which I don't. There are free app makers but they won't create anything of any real value.

I have tried the mobile theme and can say I do like it. However, I believe that an app will greatly help this site as more fans would be inclined to simply d/l an app vs. deal with the web browser on their phones. Since I have gone through the MLB message boards in the past... I didn't even know this site existed until recently. It was weird when we acquired such big talent and the MLB boards were essentially quiet. Since I'm out of state...this is my best way to talk Marlins, which I haven't been able to do in a long time. Feels good.

I know more publicity will get more trolls. Oh well. We'll answer them with the teams winning percentage. :exercise

I have tried the mobile theme and can say I do like it. However, I believe that an app will greatly help this site as more fans would be inclined to simply d/l an app vs. deal with the web browser on their phones. Since I have gone through the MLB message boards in the past... I didn't even know this site existed until recently. It was weird when we acquired such big talent and the MLB boards were essentially quiet. Since I'm out of state...this is my best way to talk Marlins, which I haven't been able to do in a long time. Feels good.

I know more publicity will get more trolls. Oh well. We'll answer them with the teams winning percentage. :exercise

0.000?

(Right now, anyway ;))

Add the forums to your home screen on your iPhones, you'll notice it now has it's own icon. Not sure how to do it on an Android or test it since I don't have one.

Not quite an app but a bridge til we have one if we do end up having one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.