Hatcher, Poveda among 8 cuts

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Omar Poveda, Chris Hatcher optioned to New Orleans

Arquimedes Caminero optioned to Jupiter

Jose Alvarez, Corey Madden, A.J. Ramos, Rob Rasmussen, Jacob Jefferies re-assigned to minor league camp

Guest Guest

Speaking of cuts... I have a feeling Rowand's days may be numbered. 1-22 now on the Spring while the other outfield options have done pretty well.

Speaking of cuts... I have a feeling Rowand's days may be numbered. 1-22 now on the Spring while the other outfield options have done pretty well.

Yeah looks like he's a goner.......good riddance too, he's been a Marlin killer for years and it made me uncomfortable to have him in our clubhouse.

Yeah, he'll be gone next round of cuts unless he suddenly decides to start hitting everything in sight. Kearns has been great so far and he's an awesome defensive OF.

Choate has a sore right lat but it doesn't seem to be any big deal.

As for Rowand, shame to see cuz I thought he'd be the one to pull through and make the team. But if he's going, I'd suspect he gets cut soon because he's that veteran that should kinda get an early cut to see if he can latch on with another team before the spring ends.

Miami Herald, from Saturday, 3/17:

Left-handed reliever Randy Choate threw his first bullpen session Saturday since straining his right lateral muscle two weeks ago when he was “taking hacks� in the batting cages.

Choate, 36, said he’ll throw another bullpen Monday, face live hitters Wednesday and then get into a game by Friday or Saturday.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.