Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Concerning Attendance...

Featured Replies

For those complaining about the attendance - if you don't live in South Fla and if you are worried so much about it, then move here and contribute to the attendance. if not then STFU about it already.

 

Le sigh.

 

Thankfully I'm moving back to South Florida soon, so +1 me to attendance for a few games hopefully.

 

 

Also - Admin lives in New York ... is he not allowed to complain about attendance, even though he's been a fan since the team began?

 

He can complain but if he does, it just looks like whining. If you can't help the situation, just droning on about does nothing. This topic and thread should be closed it does nothing to change the situation, it is what it is. Complaining about it is just a dead topic.

 

In that logic, you have no right to complain about Beinfest, because there is nothing you as an individual can do that will change it you.

 

 

That goes foe basically all the other crap we complain about too if that's the case.

 

This something you can change if you wish......you could move here and change the equation. You can do that, its a matter of wanting to do it or not.

 

No it's not that simple. When your wife is extremely tied to her family you just don't up and say "we are leaving because we must live in Floirda because otherwise I can't do a simple observation and say that Miami needs fans to go to the ballpark."

 

Old timer, these arguments about a person having to live in Florida otherwise you can't do this or say this are just flat out wrong.

No it's not that simple. When your wife is extremely tied to her family you just don't up and say "we are leaving because we must live in Floirda because otherwise I can't do a simple observation and say that Miami needs fans to go to the ballpark."

 

Old timer, these arguments about a person having to live in Florida otherwise you can't do this or say this are just flat out wrong.

 

 

Oh you can say them, but you have no validity in the statements. I don't comment on things in NC because I don't live there, never have and don't know anything about the place, so I won't make judgements about the place. Plain and simple.

 

Yes people need to go to the stadium, and they are in much higher numbers than in years past. Why isn't it enough for some people, I don't know ? But if they thought that every game was going to be a sellout then they just don't understand South Fla, and its dynamics enough to know that is an unrealistic expectation, and they shouldn't put their expectations onto the South Fla sports fan or community in general unless they know that community well enough to make a clear & logical opinion on it.

 

Most people that don't live in Miami or have only visited a few times and for a few days at the time, still don't have a real clue to the dynamics that go into what makes South Fla tick. Therefore they shouldn't make statements about South Fla, or its fans unless they have a direct knowledge about that place. Visiting a few times doesn't give you that perspective.

At the same time, you have a lot of people on here who DO live in Miami or surrounding areas saying the exact same thing, yet since the person isn't from there, they can't have the same say? It's not logical, or I should say fair, at any rate.

At the same time, you have a lot of people on here who DO live in Miami or surrounding areas saying the exact same thing, yet since the person isn't from there, they can't have the same say? It's not logical.

 

 

I have yet to see anyone refute my posts. Give me a logical refute and I will debate them. But I believe that with my work experience in Miami-Dade government I have a pretty good argument as to why there are not sellouts, and that anyone that expected there to be sellouts at every game or even close to it was flat out being unrealistic.

 

I am waiting to hear someone refute my argument in a logical and non-personal but professional way and someone that lives in Miami today.

 

Go to it....the gauntlet has been laid down.

But I believe that with my work experience in Miami-Dade government I have a pretty good argument as to why there are not sellouts,

 

What?

 

:lol

 

What's not to understand ? For 28 years I have worked with demographic numbers not only county wide but broken down to even neighborhood size and understand this county, dare I say better than most people that post on this board.

 

What do you really have to offer this thread other than posts that do nothing more than try to incite ?

I have yet to see anyone refute my posts. Give me a logical refute and I will debate them.

 

Pretty sure that people have refuted everything; you are just pretending not to hear it.

 

Please give me the examples of refutes to my arguments, because I only posted it about an hour ago.

Also - Admin lives in New York ... is he not allowed to complain about attendance, even though he's been a fan since the team began?

 

 

He can complain but if he does, it just looks like whining. If you can't help the situation, just droning on about does nothing.

 

 

I go to several games a year, I travel down from New York just to go. I went to 19 home games a few years back in fact so I think I can talk about attendance just like any local fan can personally.

But I believe that with my work experience in Miami-Dade government I have a pretty good argument as to why there are not sellouts,

 

What?

 

:lol

 

What's not to understand ? For 28 years I have worked with demographic numbers not only county wide but broken down to even neighborhood size and understand this county, dare I say better than most people that post on this board.

 

What do you really have to offer this thread other than posts that do nothing more than try to incite ?

You are expecting people to take what you say at face value because you claim to be an authority figure. That's a huge fallacy and is something that you are prone to quite frequently here. If you want to have a debate based on sound logic, I suggest you begin by reconsidering your own course of argumentation, because it's severely lacking.

 

And since you seem to know Miami so well...why isn't Ozzie Guillen six feet under yet?

Also - Admin lives in New York ... is he not allowed to complain about attendance, even though he's been a fan since the team began?

 

 

He can complain but if he does, it just looks like whining. If you can't help the situation, just droning on about does nothing.

 

 

I go to several games a year, I travel down from New York just to go. I went to 19 home games a few years back in fact so I think I can talk about attendance just like any local fan can personally.

And you've probably averaged more games per year than the vast majority of people who live in South Florida. So in that respect, you have helped the situation and you didn't need to live there to do it.

 

His entire argument is so ridiculous.

Also - Admin lives in New York ... is he not allowed to complain about attendance, even though he's been a fan since the team began?

 

 

He can complain but if he does, it just looks like whining. If you can't help the situation, just droning on about does nothing.

 

 

I go to several games a year, I travel down from New York just to go in fact. I went to 19 home games a few years back in fact so I think I can talk about attendance just like any local fan can personally.

 

 

You can if you wish but do you really know all the quirks of South Fla and its demographics ?

 

Many on here also didn't understand all the hoopla over Ozzie's comments, and I said I understood and why it was a big deal. Many here said it was nothing. Ozzie got suspended for 5 games. It was something.

 

I think many here just automatically try to refute anything I post here "just because" not because they really disagree with anything I say. I find it strange and fascinating......

 

But Admin did you really expect there to be sellouts or near sellouts even after the 1st week ? If so then you really don't know or understand South Fla they way you may think you do.

Many on here also didn't understand all the hoopla over Ozzie's comments, and I said I understood and why it was a big deal. Many here said it was nothing. Ozzie got suspended for 5 games. It was something.

 

You can't even pretend that your analysis of the Guillen situation was remotely accurate.

 

You said that Guillen would be likely assassinated and/or fired.

I think many here just automatically try to refute anything I post here "just because" not because they really disagree with anything I say. I find it strange and fascinating......

 

Not even close.

 

You say some really questionable things that warrant flak and rebuttal. Don't you ever wonder why nobody ever comes to your defense when you get going on one particular topic? Haven't you every considered that what you say might only make senses in your own mind?

 

Do you actually think that the posters here actually thought there was a real chance that someone would try to kill Ozzie? You think people actually thought that Ozzie would be fired, but we disagreed just to spite you?

 

Are you really that narcissistic?

Too bad he didn't accept the ban bet.

But I believe that with my work experience in Miami-Dade government I have a pretty good argument as to why there are not sellouts,

 

What?

 

:lol

 

What's not to understand ? For 28 years I have worked with demographic numbers not only county wide but broken down to even neighborhood size and understand this county, dare I say better than most people that post on this board.

 

What do you really have to offer this thread other than posts that do nothing more than try to incite ?

You are expecting people to take what you say at face value because you claim to be an authority figure. That's a huge fallacy and is something that you are prone to quite frequently here. If you want to have a debate based on sound logic, I suggest you begin by reconsidering your own course of argumentation, because it's severely lacking.

 

And since you seem to know Miami so well...why isn't Ozzie Guillen six feet under yet?

 

I never said it WOULD happen, but only that it COULD happen, based on my past experience with the kind of people who were demonstrating last week. How can I be held as a liar when I only said something was a possibility and never said it was a definite ?

 

If you don't wish to take what I say and my opinions are based on my expertise then fine, nothing I can do short of telling you my name & having you research my creditials.

 

So just for my own curiosity, can you tell us why there haven't been complete sellouts for all the games so far ? Just posting that South Florida has bad sports fans doesn't cut it. Give me real reasons.

Many on here also didn't understand all the hoopla over Ozzie's comments, and I said I understood and why it was a big deal. Many here said it was nothing. Ozzie got suspended for 5 games. It was something.

 

You can't even pretend that your analysis of the Guillen situation was remotely accurate.

 

You said that Guillen would be likely assassinated and/or fired.

 

And of course I posted that originally in a jestingly manner, but you take it literally.

 

Okay :rolleyes:

I never said it WOULD happen, but only that it COULD happen, based on my past experience with the kind of people who were demonstrating last week. How can I be held as a liar when I only said something was a possibility and never said it was a definite ?

 

 

Nobody called you a "liar." You just didn't have a firm grasp of the situation. You basically said that there was a real possibility that someone would make an attempt at his life. In reality there was no escalation to a level of belligerence that you were predicting. You were flat out wrong.

I think many here just automatically try to refute anything I post here "just because" not because they really disagree with anything I say. I find it strange and fascinating......

 

Not even close.

 

You say some really questionable things that warrant flak and rebuttal. Don't you ever wonder why nobody ever comes to your defense when you get going on one particular topic? Haven't you every considered that what you say might only make senses in your own mind?

 

Do you actually think that the posters here actually thought there was a real chance that someone would try to kill Ozzie? You think people actually thought that Ozzie would be fired, but we disagreed just to spite you?

 

Are you really that narcissistic?

 

No but there is a DEFINITE bully mentality that prevails on this board, more than any other that I have ever seen on any other board. There is a cadre that posters here and they have a little circle that no one is allowed to enter unless they follow the party line.

Many on here also didn't understand all the hoopla over Ozzie's comments, and I said I understood and why it was a big deal. Many here said it was nothing. Ozzie got suspended for 5 games. It was something.

 

You can't even pretend that your analysis of the Guillen situation was remotely accurate.

 

You said that Guillen would be likely assassinated and/or fired.

 

And of course I posted that originally in a jestingly manner, but you take it literally.

 

Okay :rolleyes:

Yeah, you were "jesting" and yet at the same time were overzealous in your defense of those statements. I doubt you will find a single person here who believes that.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.