7/17 Marlins @ Cubs - 8:05 pm ET

Beetle

Ruggz is back, finally.....

Facing a righty tomorrow so expect Dobbs to be starting.

which if so, is really ridiculous. since ruggz splits against righties are just fine. And he's a better fielder than Dobbs. I don't get it.

I agree he is a better fielder than Dobbs, but you have to take into account the more recent games.

Ruggiano over his last 5 [3 starts] is 3-13 [.231], with 8 strikeouts. Pitchers are starting to figure him out.

With the offense being as inconsistent as it's been, you need production.

Ruggiano is in because he rakes lefties much, much better than right-handers.

which if so, is really ridiculous. since ruggz splits against righties are just fine. And he's a better fielder than Dobbs. I don't get it.

I agree he is a better fielder than Dobbs, but you have to take into account the more recent games.

Ruggiano over his last 5 [3 starts] is 3-13 [.231], with 8 strikeouts. Pitchers are starting to figure him out.

3-13 is miniscule compared to some of the slumps are regulars go through. I just don't see Dobbs (who I love on the bench) as a better option starting than ruggiano even against righties....

3-13 is miniscule compared to some of the slumps are regulars go through. I just don't see Dobbs (who I love on the bench) as a better option starting than ruggiano even against righties....

3-13 is minuscule, yes, but the 8 strikeouts in those 13 at bats is crazy. Stretch that number out over even ... 50 at bats. Or, in this case, 52. That's 4 times as many at bats. That's 36 strikeouts in 52 ABs. 16 at bats where contact is even made. Sure, his BABIP would be high as hell [12-16, hell yeah! or something like that] but ... 36 Ks in 52 ABs.

Yeah, that's because it projects from NOW and stretches it over however many ABs they calculate he'll get. On Projections that are from the ongoing season stats, the average, OBP, SLG and OPS DO NOT change. If a guy goes 9-20, he's batting .450. Stretch that over 600 at bats, he's batting .450.

None of us expected him to continue batting over .400, probably not even .300. We definitely don't expect truly for his OPS to stay over 1.000 [if you do, IDK what you're thinking ...] I personally don't expect his OPS to stay over even .850. His highest OPS in the minors was .990, and that's, from what I've heard, an INCREDIBLE hitter's league in the PCL this year with Houston [remember, he's 30]. His second highest was as a 22 year old in Rookie Ball.

He's cooling down, and rapidly.