7/22 Post Game Depression

Eh, well Anibal Sanchez was being scouted today by the tigers, and the Red Sox. the tigers might make a play for infante as well. So I would suggest people stop hoping we sign sanchez to a long term deal, and just accept he is going to be traded. Hopefully we can get someone like nick castellanos, or better yet jacob turner.

Castellanos is the dream. That is "THE" guy we need to try and get from Detroit, and it'll probably take Anibal Sanchez AND Infante (most likely adding in some important prospects) to get him. A great 3B prospect is very, very hard to find, and Castellanos is set to be a really good player. The power's not exactly there, but the man can hit. It'll be extremely, extremely hard to get Detroit to be willing to let that kid go, but with the lack of really good pitching on the market at the deadline, I think we could MAYBE get them to flinch.

I personally wish we weren't trading with Detroit, but I think the Marlins are probably seeking the best arms possible from every organization at this point.

You take the best value you can get obviously, but I'd guess Turner is at the top of their list if possible.

Maybe I'm biased for whatever reason, but Castellanos #'s are rather worrisome to me. Not that I wouldn't like to have such a prospect, but I hope he isn't the centerpiece in return for Anibal. And we're not getting both Turner and Castellanos, so if he's not the centerpiece he's likely not coming at all. I read somewhere that it would be tough to get Castellanos from the Tigers at this point, anyway. Seems like they'd be reluctant to trade him and would have to be overwhelmed.

Can't people stop saying "sell, sell, sell".

Maybe their hinting to Mr Loria ? That might be a start towards redeeming the franchise. The myopic eyes of some on this board just don't see how bad of an owner he actually is. I've talked to many friends & colleagues around the country, and to a one, say our worst problem is our ownership. His defenders here will come out of the woodwork again and laud him about the stadium, but a real owner, with REAL money would have had that stadium built years before he did and would have had the team on track sooner. We've suffered for years because of his inability to build the stadium himself.

This argument was valid as recently as a few years ago. Hell, I was one of those people making that argument. But he's been trying to get the stadium since the early to mid 2000s. Even if you ignore that fact, he got the stadium (and screwed Miami taxpayers), securing the Marlins in south florida for a long time. Keeping the team at home is good enough for me and every other fan (cue Expos fans nodding).

Oh, and the payroll this season is over $100 million. It's time to get over the Loria is a bad owner crap. This season is a product of player failure, plain and simple. There's really nothing else to it.

It's not only this season. The past 2 plus years this is one of the worst teams in baseball. Management picked the players. I blame management. With Loria's supposed involvement in picking players, it's tough to decide who to blame more between Loria and Beinfest. I blame both.

Well if you have to pick one of the two I would go with the owner. He is the owner not the GM. So that means not insisting on signing Bell and others, not getting into fights with the manager(Girardi) and generally just not interfering.