7/22 Post Game Depression

Miami_Marlins_fan

They can sell if they want to, but in another 5 years or so we'll be right back here where we are now. They sold 7 years ago and where did that get us? I don't have the answers but that's no guaranteed solution. I have a hard time imagining another 5 years of waiting to end up with nothing.

Keep the core together but get rid of nolasco, gaby is now gone, zambrano, bell maybe, and if given a very solid offer MAYBE Hanley. And for the love of god banish John buck.

Zambrano will be gone next year and i think it's time to find a way to get rid of nolasco. Give anibal a fair offer and if he takes it great but if not then let him test.

Just nolasco and buck will cost us 17.5 million next year. A f***ing joke.

They can sell if they want to, but in another 5 years or so we'll be right back here where we are now. They sold 7 years ago and where did that get us? I don't have the answers but that's no guaranteed solution. I have a hard time imagining another 5 years of waiting to end up with nothing.

I know some people here will object to this, but perhaps its time we get some new people in the front office. We need to shake the organization up from the top.

i want the following people traded by the deadline:

Nolasco

Anibal

Choate

Dobbs

Kearns

Reyes or Hanley

Ok no reason to trade Reyes and dobbs. Should also offer anibal a contract first.

I know Reyes has struggled but we need him. And I want major league talent for Hanley.

If the offer isn't right Hanley stays.

Nolasco

Anibal

Choate

Dobbs

Kearns

Reyes or Hanley

I don't expect anyone except for Anibal and Choate to get traded. I don't think Nolasco is going to get much of a return considering his contract, and the same goes for Hanley. I also don't see why you sell low on Hanley right now when I don't think you get much of anything for him. There's no point to trading Dobbs or Kearns that I can see, as they're not going to get you anything beyond a PTBNL. I would not trade Reyes, as he has been one of the few guys hitting.

It also wouldn't shock me if Infante was dealt, since second-basemen are in demand constantly.

Nobody's going to take Bell off of our hands (or Buck), so you might as well take them out of the conversation.

It's not out of the question that we ship off Carlos Lee to someone willing to give us a prospect or two, since he's a rental anyway.

Nolasco

Anibal

Choate

Dobbs

Kearns

Reyes or Hanley

Ok no reason to trade Reyes and dobbs. Should also offer anibal a contract first.

I know Reyes has struggled but we need him. And I want major league talent for Hanley.

Its not about whether we needy him. Its about money ball, getting the most production you can out of every dollar you spend, and we are blowing a lot of money for mediocre production.

If we can get someone for dobbs or kearns no reason not to trade them.

Nolasco

Anibal

Choate

Dobbs

Kearns

Reyes or Hanley

I don't expect anyone except for Anibal and Choate to get traded. I don't think Nolasco is going to get much of a return considering his contract, and the same goes for Hanley. I also don't see why you sell low on Hanley right now when I don't think you get much of anything for him. There's no point to trading Dobbs or Kearns that I can see, as they're not going to get you anything beyond a PTBNL. I would not trade Reyes, as he has been one of the few guys hitting.

It also wouldn't shock me if Infante was dealt, since second-basemen are in demand constantly.

Nobody's going to take Bell off of our hands (or Buck), so you might as well take them out of the conversation.

Maybe not bell and buck but at least get rid of nolasco and his 11.5 million. Also there is no reason to trade infante. Much bigger areas of need and he's only making 4 million. He hits for a good average and has a gold glove.

I'm willing to keep going with bell but buck just cannot be here anymore. Maybe some team will take a flier.

And dobbs is a very solid bench bat and is affordable. No reason why he shouldn't be around next year. Unless guys want to see more petersen and Coghlan.

Nolasco

Anibal

Choate

Dobbs

Kearns

Reyes or Hanley

Its not about whether we needy him. Its about money ball, getting the most production you can out of every dollar you spend, and we are blowing a lot of money for mediocre production.

They're not worth anything. Those kinds of players are everywhere. At BEST you will get a PTBNL.

Nolasco

Anibal

Choate

Dobbs

Kearns

Reyes or Hanley

Maybe not bell and buck but at least get rid of nolasco and hs 11.5 million. Also there is no reason to trade infante. Much bigger areas of need.

I don't see us getting equal value for Nolasco right now. Wait until after the season.

Infante would be traded purely because he has a lot more trade value to other teams, and we can actually get a decent return for him if done properly.

Nolasco

Anibal

Choate

Dobbs

Kearns

Reyes or Hanley

Reyes is have one Bad year!!! My god im about to flip. People want to talk about the FO and us getting FA. Hows it going to look to free agents when you sign a guy for 6 years just to trade him when hes having one bad year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.