Stanton's possible extension thread

I Love Me Some Fish

I know this is not how things are done, but if I was Loria I'd open my checkbook and ask Giancarlo "How much do you need to retire as a Marlins?" We have never had a career Marlins payer. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a hall of fame player in a Marlins Jersey? The kid is finally healthy, so look for him to put huge home run numbers starting next season.

In April & June when the Marlins went 8-14 & 9-18 (combined 17-32) Stanton went 41 for 168 (244 BA). All I'm saying is he didn't put the team on his shoulders when it really matters. He was amazing in May but one month simply isn't enough-especially when you tank the month before and the month after.

Nevertheless, though he might be a little streaky his pure strength and talent make him deserving of a long term contract.

In April & June when the Marlins went 8-14 & 9-18 (combined 17-32) Stanton went 41 for 168 (244 BA). All I'm saying is he didn't put the team on his shoulders when it really matters. He was amazing in May but one month simply isn't enough-especially when you tank the month before and the month after.

Nevertheless, though he might be a little streaky his pure strength and talent make him deserving of a long term contract.

Hopefully we extend Greg Dobbs.

He's consistently professional.

This team sucked and they're just lucky he carried them in May. This post is pretty silly.

And he's valuable even as a roughly .250 hitter anyway, which he was in those months.

We should get more Ricky Nolasco's. We all know Ricky is a winner; he's not winning now because it doesn't matter anymore. It's obvious.

His FIP used to be decent!!!!!111!

And in May, when the team WAS on his back, we went 21-8.

f*** outta here. Hanley, Morrison, Gaby, Reyes, Buck, Hayes all f***ing sucked during that time period. In June, the bullpen became sh*t. The starting pitching decided to suck. Come on, man, you're MUCH better than that.

I would have downvoted that post (Marlins') if I had the ability to do so.

Haha. That's why I said it (jk).

Just a bit pissed off he was constantly swinging at pitches way out of the zone then taking others right down the middle when the whole team was slumping.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.