September 19, 201214 yr I'm starting to love these trades afterall. Guys like Brantly and Eovaldi have been a pleasant surprise.
September 19, 201214 yr I'm starting to love these trades afterall. Guys like Brantly and Eovaldi have been a pleasant surprise. I'd like to see Eovaldi string a few together first before he becomes pleasant.... That 98 MPH heater is sweet though
September 19, 201214 yr meanwhile, cishek looks like he struggling late in the season. although this might have more to do with his stuggles against lefties
September 19, 201214 yr yeah & as Erick noted in the game thread, I think this was Cishek's 5th appearance in 6 days so he may just need a break. As for Eovaldi, obviously don't want to get excited over 1 start but when you've thrown 100+ pitches and you can still hit 98 that's a nice thing to have. Like Buck said in the postgame, getting ahead of hitters is key for him. We've seen what happens when he falls behind. Lots of walks and he lasts 5 innings. Curve still is pretty iffy but his cutter looked good.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.