June 10, 201313 yr And I know Cox isn't a power bat like Placido Polanco, but check out his double-A season so far: http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=543059 I did check it out. Not very impressive for a 24 yo in AA who played half a season in AAA last year. He exhibits zero power and has below average defense.
June 10, 201313 yr Cox isn't a long term option at 3B. I used to try and hype him up when he was the best 3B option we had left in the system. He's a nice filler guy, but I don't think he'll ever hit for enough power to warrant being a starter for a decent team. He'll be a decent guy to have off the bench or as a backup 3B option though. But Cox might very well be our third baseman to start off next season if we don't sign anybody. I don't mind during the crappy years to let Cox fill in at 3B while Moran gets a season in the minors to hit at the very least. It's not like we're going for the playoffs next year anyway.
June 10, 201313 yr Solano and his career .674 OPS and 5 HR in almost 1000 AAA at bats is coming to New Orleans...prepare to be DESTROYED Pacific Coast League. You have been warned.
June 11, 201313 yr Solano and his career .674 OPS and 5 HR in almost 1000 AAA at bats is coming to New Orleans...prepare to be DESTROYED Pacific Coast League. You have been warned. I feel bad for the AAA pitching prospects who have to face him. Pitching against Solano shouldn't count against their WHIP and ERA. It just wouldn't be fair.
June 11, 201313 yr Solano and his career .674 OPS and 5 HR in almost 1000 AAA at bats is coming to New Orleans...prepare to be DESTROYED Pacific Coast League. You have been warned. I feel bad for the AAA pitching prospects who have to face him. Pitching against Solano shouldn't count against their WHIP and ERA. It just wouldn't be fair. The Solano Rule.
June 11, 201313 yr Solano and his career .674 OPS and 5 HR in almost 1000 AAA at bats is coming to New Orleans...prepare to be DESTROYED Pacific Coast League. You have been warned. I feel bad for the AAA pitching prospects who have to face him. Pitching against Solano shouldn't count against their WHIP and ERA. It just wouldn't be fair. They already have that rule for Brian Peterson and jordan brown they are not going to change all of the rules just because of our prospects.
June 11, 201313 yr Solano and his career .674 OPS and 5 HR in almost 1000 AAA at bats is coming to New Orleans...prepare to be DESTROYED Pacific Coast League. You have been warned. I feel bad for the AAA pitching prospects who have to face him. Pitching against Solano shouldn't count against their WHIP and ERA. It just wouldn't be fair. They already have that rule for Brian Peterson and jordan brown they are not going to change all of the rules just because of our prospects. Good point :shrugs
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.