• 2000 Luis Castillo
  • 2009 Hanley Ramirez
  • 1996 Gary Sheffield
  • 2005 Carlos Delgado
  • 2006 Miguel Cabrera
  • 2001 Cliff Floyd
  • 2003 Ivan Rodriguez
  • 2004 Juan Pierre

The Tigers' version of Cabrera would hit third, but the Marlins' version only hits fifth behind Sheff and Delgado. Throw in those four dominant starters and three lights out relievers and you've got a sneaky great all-time single-season team. I'm sure owner Jeff Loria would dismantle it in a heartbeat though.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24433068/all-time-single-season-team-floridamiami-marlins

Dan Uggla had 2 different seasons, each better than Luis' 2000. Heck, his 2008 was better defensively than Luis' 2000.

I'd take Castillo in his prime over Uggla in his prime any day of the week, any season, any lineup. I'm not sure how you can say Uggla played better defense in any of his seasons than Luis either.

I'd take Castillo in his prime over Uggla in his prime any day of the week, any season, any lineup. I'm not sure how you can say Uggla played better defense in any of his seasons than Luis either.

I agree, Castillo had four PLUS PLUS tools. Uggla had one.

fanofthefish, good call on Preston's 30/30 season, but JP was damn good in '04... But I'm sure Preston's gigantic year in Colorado will be the best for their CFers. Funny, we swapped JP for PW... lol.

Uggla had all the range of a Daisy air rifle, so yeah I guess the few balls he could actually get he made less errors on, also wasn't 2008 the year Uggla made three errors in the all-star game?

That all star game has given uggla such a bad rap on defense. He's no defensive wizard but he's better than people think because that horrid night in Yankee stadium was just so painfully bad that the rest of the planet thinks uggla can't field a single groundball, ever.