Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Padres "Swing for Your Seats" contest

Featured Replies

So the Padres announced this contest in which anyone who hits a homer on a maximum of two pitches from a pitching machine will win season tix.

 

Oh and yes this is at Petco. :lol

 

I'll be surprised if someone wins (maybe some high school future pro shows up and does it) but this is an awesome marketing idea.

 

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140226&content_id=68369742&vkey=pr_sd&c_id=sd

The Marlins should do this... even the team would have a hard time getting the tix, lol.

The machine would intentionally walk Stanton.

1 swing is hard. I guess I would take the first to get the speed then let it fly on the next.

I'm thinking about giving this a shot. But then, I'm also wondering if my ground ball to shortstop is worth a two hour drive.

 

I say go for it if you're not busy. How many opportunities do you get to stand in the batters box at a MLB stadium and take a few hacks?

1 swing is hard. I guess I would take the first to get the speed then let it fly on the next.

 

Nah, you can gauge the timing before getting in the box... Just have to watch a few pitches and count in your head to get an idea. Then you try and generate every ounce of possible bat speed and torque to try and pull it down the line to the most shallow part of the ballpark...

 

I guess that's just me.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.