FIRST PLACE! (Does it matter, though?)

SongInTheAir

For a team with a bunch of new free agents that are here to try and reestablish a winning mentality, spring games do matter to an extent. In a few weeks they won't mean anything but today they do.

Im not saying u can predict the season by it, and I know spring stats are skewed in a million ways for a million reasons but the mentality that spring games mean absolutely nothing is so outdated and misunderstood.

Good example of when spring matters happened today. Marmol made his spring debut, threw 16 balls and walked two in one inning of work, showing us that he still sucks.

Yea, I'd rather take that flier on Henry Rodriguez than Marmol. They'll make that decision by May when H-Rod is dominating NO, lol.

Didn't think this was worth a new thread but anyone else surprised we haven't seen a single cut yet? My only guess is they're waiting because they'll need a healthy sized roster for the weekend of the Panama games since we still have split squad games in Jupiter that weekend too.

I didn't think about that until you mentioned it, but that does make a lot of sense. Odds are we'll see the first few cuts and reassignments right after the Panama series.