Today's Cuts - 3 Pitchers and Wigginton

It's down to Rodriguez and Jennings for the last spot but with Dunn and Hand both in there's no way Jennings stays. Rodriguez didn't have a horrible spring but he didn't do much to stand out either so I'm just surprised he gets in over Caminero who did stand out.

I get the options issue but Rodriguez didn't have a can't miss spring , we could have dropped him and been fine.

Not that it means anything but was just looking over the remaining roster and I'm shocked Chris Hatcher is still there. On cut days he probably hides out somewhere on the minor league fields and says "Nah u guys already cut me a few weeks ago remember?"

-Chris, we're not going to have room for you on this year's roster.

-I know, you guys already told me that. You cut me last week, remember?

-Huh, really? Well then, I guess you're okay to hang out here until we head back to Miami.

-Yeah, right. So are we taking a bus down there, or do we get there ourselves, or...

-Chris, you didn't make the team. You're going to New Orleans, not Miami.

-Right, right. You guys cut me a while ago, remember?

-Okay Chris. See you around.

-Wait...

-Yes, Chris? What is it?

-Did you see my creative facial hair?

How come nobody is considering that Slowey makes the team instead of Rodriguez? Red has a hard on for him, not to mention he did well last year and he's done well this spring.

They could both make it.

Frisaro had a blog up this morning saying that he thinks it'll be Rodriguez, Slowey and Hand for the last 3 bullpen spots.

They could both make it.

Frisaro had a blog up this morning saying that he thinks it'll be Rodriguez, Slowey and Hand for the last 3 bullpen spots.

If they both made it, it would leave out Hand as I've read nothing yet about Jennings job being in jeopardy... Although I guess I hadn't read anything about Caminero being cut, lol.

How come nobody is considering that Slowey makes the team instead of Rodriguez? Red has a hard on for him, not to mention he did well last year and he's done well this spring.

Slowey will make the team but not over Rodriguez. It's cuz they're competing for different roles. Slowey is the long man, Rodriguez is the sixth or seventh inning right handed middle relief role that was assumed to be going to Caminero or Capps.

Besides if its Hand and Slowey who gets the final spot? Rodriguez is a better option than Hatcher and Jennings won't make it cuz they won't take three lefties. So the final spots are Hand Slowey and Rodriguez.

If they both made it, it would leave out Hand as I've read nothing yet about Jennings job being in jeopardy... Although I guess I hadn't read anything about Caminero being cut, lol.

Jennings is in jeopardy not for doing anything wrong but because Hand has won his spot and since they're both lefties Hand beats out Jennings . Same concept as why Caminero lost his spot, he did nothing wrong but there was a suitable option ahead of him.