Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phillies @ Marlins, 7/3 6:05 P.M.

Featured Replies

Marlins go for the sweep tonight.

Kendrick vs. Hand

Here's hoping to a good sweep and the bats break out tonight!

Jesus, what does this organization have against Dietrich?

 

clearly something which is amazing considering we traded a 4 WAR SS last year for him (although escobar ain't so hot this year).

Jesus, what does this organization have against Dietrich?

 

To be fair Dietrich has been pretty terrible since returning from the minors (surprising since he was smashing AAA ball). While I don't care too much for Solano, Dietrich has done absolutely nothing to earn everyday starts this season. He was great and very promising early, but at this point I'm actually fine with him sitting on the bench given he isn't helping the team offensively or defensively.

clearly something which is amazing considering we traded a 4 WAR SS last year for him (although escobar ain't so hot this year).

 

Escobar is also a giant tool. Even if Dietrich never amounts to anything there's no way I would've wanted Escobar on this team potentially having some kind of influence on our young players (Alvarez, Fernandez, Hech, etc...)

To be fair Dietrich has been pretty terrible since returning from the minors (surprising since he was smashing AAA ball). While I don't care too much for Solano, Dietrich has done absolutely nothing to earn everyday starts this season. He was great and very promising early, but at this point I'm actually fine with him sitting on the bench given he isn't helping the team offensively or defensively.

 

I understand that, but at least put Baker out there or something, IDK.

Ah well.

It's a pretty good debate between DD and Donovan. If we are still in this in 4 weeks, would you guys like Brandon Phillips or another 2B?

Brandon Phillips has been steadily declining for a while now and isn't half the player he used to be. Due to his track record, I feel like the Reds would ask for a whole lot in any trade conversations centering around him, making him absolutely not worth going after. I think Avery Romero is developing nicely, even though I think he's on his second year at A ball, but he may end up becoming our second baseman in 2016.

To be fair Dietrich has been pretty terrible since returning from the minors (surprising since he was smashing AAA ball). While I don't care too much for Solano, Dietrich has done absolutely nothing to earn everyday starts this season. He was great and very promising early, but at this point I'm actually fine with him sitting on the bench given he isn't helping the team offensively or defensively.

 

He's had like 30 AB since returning and in a platoon role. I don't think DD is the answer to our 2b problems, but at least give the dude a chance considering the other options.

I don't think Derek Dietrich is our second baseman of the future, but he damn well should be our second baseman of the present. Donovan Solano? He should be in AAA and thrilled about collecting a paycheck to play a game.

Brad hand is one ugly guy. You should see him in person.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.