Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins check in on Price and Porcello

Featured Replies

I was looking at the A's SP's thinking maybe its another pitcher instead and all I found was FA's (Hammels, Lester), Last year arb guys (Samardzija, Kazmir), DL Tommy John guys (AJ Griffin, Jarrod Parker) and Sonny Gray. The Only one that intrigues me here is Gray because arb guys are going to cost too much on one year deals, Gray is going to cost the most ridiculous of ridiculous amounts (not a FA until 2020). My guess is that we arent involved especially since the rumors say Moss isnt involved either.

 

 

That's what I mean. Koehler was good last year, but he was barely a passable #5 in 2013. Which is going to show up next year?

 

How many number 5 starters were better than Koehler?

 

I can tell you right now the number will not reach 10. He pitched more like a mid rotation starter

 

 

How many number 5 starters were better than Koehler?

 

I can tell you right now the number will not reach 10. He pitched more like a mid rotation starter

 

 

How is a 4.41 ERA a mid rotation starter? He was in the bottom 18% of SP with at least 140 IP in 2013 going by ERA+. AKA, barely a passable 5th starter.

 

 

10-10 record 191 INP 3.81 ERA 0.8 HR/9 153 K/71 BB .248 AVG 2.5 WAR

 

Pretty amazing stats for a 5th starter I would say

 

In fact probably compares favorably to majority of 3rd starter in MLB

 

I would say would not fall below the mean but if anyone wants to check they are welcome

 

 

That's his 2014. I stated I was talking about his 2013.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.