Our BIGGEST threat in the East...

pb1300

Say we sign Vlad and have a Castro/Redmond duo behind the plate, I think that puts us as one of the best in the NL and one of the favorites for the East. But there is a problem brewing in Philly. We know they have the offense to put the runs on the board, now they are starting to copy our plan for success. The Phillies are close to signing reliever Ugeth Urbina. Now that would give them one heck of a combo with him and Wagner. I dont think there rotation is better than ours, but if they have the lead heading to the eighth, its basically lights out for them.

I just hope we can sign Lopez or Vlad, give us some more pop in the lineup so when we face those Phillies, we cant give them a chance to get to those killers.

The Phils signed Worrell - a pretty solid move. He and Wagner give them a damn good back end of the pen. I just wonder about durability.

We need to get someone to assume the closers role. It is not imperative to sign a big name guy, just make sure we have someone to get the job done. The Marlins have a pretty good history with relievers though...Harvey, Nen, Mantei...I think we need to get something done here. Fox should be a very good set up man.

The Phils signed Worrell - a pretty solid move. He and Wagner give them a damn good back end of the pen. I just wonder about durability.

We need to get someone to assume the closers role. It is not imperative to sign a big name guy, just make sure we have someone to get the job done. The Marlins have a pretty good history with relievers though...Harvey, Nen, Mantei...I think we need to get something done here. Fox should be a very good set up man.

I agree, we better do something soon. I believe we are ONE signing away to have the bullpen pretty much set

until further notice, the Braves are the biggest threat

THEY DONT LOSE

......until postseason anyway

For all I care, we can go into the postseason as the Wild Card...as long as we are in the postseason. Although it would be nice to have homefield for once :mischief2

Phillies haven't really become a team that scares me too much. I'll admit that Wagner/Worrell is a lot scarier than Mesa/Williams, but those guys are only useful with a lead. Until they get that 1 additional impact bat to go along with Abreu and Thome, we're right in it with them.

Burell is gonna bounce back in 04

and Lieberthal is good too

They also have Marlon Byrd who is pretty good. They are the team that scares me the most, and they probably will still get to sign Milwood. Is being reported he's likely to sign the offer they gave him sunday.

The only offer they gave him was arbitration. He's still shopping himself around, and he's obviously waiting to see what happens with Pettitte; if the Yankees don't get Pettitte, Milwood's going to be a Yankee in all likelihood.