Opening Day Starter?

Any truth to the thought of not having Jose Fernandez start Opening Day so he can make less starts in April and take his innings limit farther into the season as opposed to being cut off at some random point in September?

He is starting Opening Day unless something changed recently (I saw Scoop's story). He will be taking breaks in June/July/August where he'll get 9-10 days off so he can pitch into October without problems.

Well good but for anyone who didn't hear it, the reason I proposed this question, Frisaro said/suggested a possible idea was to put Jose in the 5th starter spot to start the season and then have him skip an April game or two and then he's able to stretch his innings limit farther into the season.

But I guess the better plan is, let him start Opening Day, and then let him skip a few sporadic starts throughout the summer.

I see that, either way, they don't want to give him an abrupt cut off point late in the season as has been done with Strasburg and Harvey in the past.

Scoop has been talking about this idea since November honestly. Listening to the podcasts during the off season it was something that he proposed more than anything else. You got days like the All-Star break and July / August to get extra days of rest. Regardless of his proposed ideas I don't see them happening.

Jose for Opening Day starter. I am more interested who starts game 3. I don't think that's a lock for Koehler.

Completely unrelated but I wonder what white sox fans are saying about this whole laRoche situation. Makes me wonder what would have happened if this happened to the Marlins.

Mish would definitely have had the first scoop, and Scoop would have said he always knew Drake LaRoche was a disturbance and that the smart people knew it as well.

Completely unrelated but I wonder what white sox fans are saying about this whole laRoche situation. Makes me wonder what would have happened if this happened to the Marlins.

"Our deal is, we like kids around," Mattingly said. "We like guys to have their sons around, and things like that. We just are building it to where there is a certain time. How do we handle that? Where they are allowed to be? What time do they need to be out of the clubhouse, as far as respect to everyone? Things like that.

"Our deal is, we like kids around," Mattingly said. "We like guys to have their sons around, and things like that. We just are building it to where there is a certain time. How do we handle that? Where they are allowed to be? What time do they need to be out of the clubhouse, as far as respect to everyone? Things like that.

He said that? I think that's the right approach.