Pudge money won't be use?

minus

"Privately, the Marlins are not optimistic about their ability to make an impact addition, either through free agency or trade. Losing Pudge Rodriguez and Ugueth Urbina to free agency does not necessarily mean the Marlins will be able to have a $60 million payroll.

In fact, there are indications the payroll could wind up several million dollars below that figure as Beinfest seeks to remain within a floating range."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-mar...la-sports-front

God, if there is one thing I don't like about this time of year is that there are conflicting reports from everywhere and you never know which one to put your trust into.

This is bulls***, and I'll tell you why.

The Marlins would not publicaly say they have $60 Million to go out and spend to help improve their team, and not spend it on SOMEONE.

Hell, spend it on Tejada (who is supposedly around $8 Million per) and trade Gonzalez if it comes to that, but bring another name to Miami.

This is bulls***, and I'll tell you why.

The Marlins would not publicaly say they have $60 Million to go out and spend to help improve their team, and not spend it on SOMEONE.

Hell, spend it on Tejada (who is supposedly around $8 Million per) and trade Gonzalez if it comes to that, but bring another name to Miami.

They can always say they tried....

If The Marlins went after Tejada, they would stand no chance because THe Yanks have too big of an ego to lose again to The Marlins.

If The Marlins went after Tejada, they would stand no chance because THe Yanks have too big of an ego to lose again to The Marlins.

Um, why would the Yanks sign Tejada?

They have Jeter... Have you been watching Sportscenter?

They want to use him as A 3B and then trade Boone.

Has everyone gone mad?! This is all speculation that the Marlins wont spend the money, cmon! They tried with Pudge, but he - and even Tim Jerkchicken sees this - overvalued 'hisself'. And if the Marlins didnt spend all the money and ended up with a quality team - they can always make a move to take on more salary later in the season to put the finishing touches on another pennant run.

It isnt about money, it is about value. Havent you guys seen that already? The Yanks, I am afraid, are not going to get their wishes this year. I think they may be a little too poisonous right now, and players know it. Pettite jumped ship. Clemens bolted. Zimmer claimed he would never work for the Boss again. Torre, you get the feeling, has had enough. Brown is on his way there, but has to do something to regenerate his career, so why not? Vlad aint going there. Tejada may not because the O's have him circled high priority and the Mariners are prepared to get him. The Yanks big concern though is pitching...and they are filling those holes.

ooppss....went off on a tangent... :confused