Hill says no major changes needed

Admin

Despite the Marlins’ recent tailspin, team executive Michael Hill attributes it to injuries and doesn’t believe major changes are needed, though the team is expected to seek pitching.

“You’re encouraged because of the number of positives for 4 ½ months [before] injuries hit,” Hill said. “It highlights the need to improve your depth.”

Miami Herald

A new SS, another SP, trade Ozuna and upgrade CF, replace Fuck-up Rodney, maybe realize .300 hitters with low slugging isn't helping, restock the farm system.... what an asshole

CF will probably be Yelich, so just get a left fielder now. Although honestly Ozuna in left would probably be fine, but he's our best trade chip outside of Fernandez right now.

Horseshit but that's also just crap to say to the media. I don't think even Mike Hill thinks there are no changes needed. Or maybe he knows the biggest needed change is him and he obviously won't say that to the media. Bottom line, this is just media words.

We are just too dumb to understand

So nice you said it twice

Deleted one.

And Fangraphs proved me wrong. -1.3 UZR out there in just 197 innings. He's uh, not good out in center. lol.

Barely positive this year in left, even, 1.7. What happened to our near-platinum glover in 2014?

Wait, isn't 2014 the last year Espada was here? Think that might have made a difference?

My last comment before someone accuses me of defending Hill.... he DID say depth was an issue. So to say no major changes are needed is just words because he knows depth is a serious issue. And in a way he's right. We were a playoff team for four months with injuries taking a toll. If we had depth we might have made the playoffs even with all our faults.

My last comment before someone accuses me of defending Hill.... he DID say depth was an issue. So to say no major changes are needed is just words because he knows depth is a serious issue. And in a way he's right. We were a playoff team for four months with injuries taking a toll. If we had depth we might have made the playoffs even with all our faults.

You are such a Front Office shill and a Hill loyalist.

even with hech the human groundout machine and Ozuna's crappy post All Star break...definitely need change here

You're not wrong. Depth is the biggest problem here currently. The bullpen was really solid for the first three [maybe four?] months - if we had Capps, probably would have been the most dominant in all of baseball [and sadly we won't be able to find out next year if that could have been the case].

I think we should ship Ramos out, personally, or at least dangle him and see if we can get a decent return. He's had a strong year - not his best but up there, plus the all-star nod will get him some more recognition. Give Phelps or Bearclaw a chance to close out games next year, with Ellington maybe getting the 7th inning spot. Get Rodney and Dunn out of here.