IS THE DREAM ABOUT TO COME TRUE

Teal Shadow

thanks ramp, I do though have a pretty good idea what's going to happen tommorrow ;)

here's something I posted on another thread...

Tonight update is the Marlins as we all have heard want o take care of the Bullpen(closer) situation FIRST, and SECOND try to move some more contracts(like a Redman or Looper). THIRD YES sit down and "talk" with Vlad's people....just talk. IMO Tommorrow there going to want a answer from Armando Benitez people early to move on, then try to acquire a catcher by moving contracts or prospects. The thing about the catcher what I gather is they almost had a deal for SF catcher (i forgot his name) or Barrett from the Spos. THEN come to the table with Vlad's people

i suppose this could be another one of those "special money" targets where Loria just says, "hell with it, i'm going over budget for this guy"...

i guess if they backload a deal enough with deferred money, they may be able to swing something workable. can't imagine what it would be, but you've got to think Vlad would have to accept some "creative" details in the contract. deferred money, stadium ties, etc...

That's the word that going around, I guess either the Marlins don't feel comfortable about the mess Castro is in or Remond could be on the move. Someone told me that the Twins were looking for a Vet. catcher to help Mauer in his first year and that Red would be the perfect guy.

I'd love to get one of their many OF prospects.

Interesting. I feel that the Marlins are doing a lot of things at the same time right now. I dont think there is any clear priority being worked out here - we need bullpen help and if Vlad is available, this team will explore all options to make it happen. Both have to be done contemporaneously, and may result in helping the other. I like this situation for us - we have acreative FO and they, if any club, are the most likely to get this done.

I am concerned with all this talk about a catcher. I dont think we need to do anything drastic here, like deal for Lo Duca or sign Lopez. Just get us a guy who can play everyday, play good D, call a solid game, and give us something on offense. This makes me think too that Castro is in more trouble than was previously thought. Or that the Marlins are trying to protect themselves. I tell you, Barrett would be an interesting fit here - just depends on what the Xspos want in return. He was mentioned as a target before...

That's the word that going around, I guess either the Marlins don't feel comfortable about the mess Castro is in or Remond could be on the move. Someone told me that the Twins were looking for a Vet. catcher to help Mauer in his first year and that Red would be the perfect guy.

I think that moving Redmond makes tons of sense; he would be pretty pricey for us as a sunday catcher. Here's hoping that Beinfest's plans come to fruition. :thumbup

I think that moving Redmond makes tons of sense; he would be pretty pricey for us as a sunday catcher. Here's hoping that Beinfest's plans come to fruition. :thumbup From something I read eariler they are close to signing Eddie Perez to fill that role.

I think that moving Redmond makes tons of sense; he would be pretty pricey for us as a sunday catcher. Here's hoping that Beinfest's plans come to fruition. :thumbup From something I read eariler they are close to signing Eddie Perez to fill that role. Where did you get that info Sham?