Van Slyke and Mooney probably cut

SonOfJack

Pretty surprised that Schuck will get it over Van Slyke who had a good spring and way more power. 

neither will be on.  Once maybin signed it turned into a 3 way race for the 4th OF spot between Van Slyke, Schuck, and COoper and cooper's youth and potential seems to have won out.   I wouldnt be surprised to see his bat eventually push his way into the starting lineup in a month or so and Maybin eventually become the 4th OF.

We already knew about Conley, Clark must've forgot.

Yea but I think Conley was being considered as a replacement for Straily especially with Nicolino gone. Remember Richards was cut too and he's being considered. We always assume anyone cut doesn't make the team and while that's 99% true there are ways to put them back on the roster for opening day especially in last minute injury situations. 

neither will be on.  Once maybin signed it turned into a 3 way race for the 4th OF spot between Van Slyke, Schuck, and COoper and cooper's youth and potential seems to have won out.   I wouldnt be surprised to see his bat eventually push his way into the starting lineup in a month or so and Maybin eventually become the 4th OF.

Cooper is more considered as the righty first base option after Bour. Even though he can play corner outfielder he's not the 4th OF. If anything he's the 5th outfielder. The last remaining bench spot is most likely going to Shuck or Van Slyke. Cooper isn't blocking that bench spot. 

Yea but I think Conley was being considered as a replacement for Straily especially with Nicolino gone. Remember Richards was cut too and he's being considered. We always assume anyone cut doesn't make the team and while that's 99% true there are ways to put them back on the roster for opening day especially in last minute injury situations. 

True.

Just reading Spencer's tweets and realizing today is also an exhibition game so some of the roster observations he's making mean nothing as they invite random guys to fill out the late innings of today's game. While guesses can be made many of today's guys will be gone right after the game. For comparison I was at the 2012 exhibition game vs UM and I remember Yelich played and of course he didn't make the majors until 2013. 

Just reading Spencer's tweets and realizing today is also an exhibition game so some of the roster observations he's making mean nothing as they invite random guys to fill out the late innings of today's game. While guesses can be made many of today's guys will be gone right after the game. For comparison I was at the 2012 exhibition game vs UM and I remember Yelich played and of course he didn't make the majors until 2013. 

Yeah this is why I didn't take it as a guarantee Richards made it though I do think he did.

There may be something to Van Slyke and Mooney not being there though.

Being there doesn't mean you made the team... but not being there might mean you didn't make the team... if that makes any sense. 

Precisely. I doubt anyone who made the team isn't there today at Marlins Park... barring an outside free agent that is being signed.

Cooper is more considered as the righty first base option after Bour. Even though he can play corner outfielder he's not the 4th OF. If anything he's the 5th outfielder. The last remaining bench spot is most likely going to Shuck or Van Slyke. Cooper isn't blocking that bench spot. 

i disagree but i guess we'll see.

He's not both because that's two separate roster spots. The bench, the way the Marlins would like it constructed, is a backup catcher, a backup outfielder, a backup middle infielder, and a backup corner infielder. Cooper is the corner infielder. Just because he, or Telis, can play multiple positions doesn't mean they take up all those roster spots. Someone still has to take those other bench spots so Cooper can't be both as far as roster spots. 

But the way this little debate gets answered is to see who gets the other bench roles. If Shuck Van Slyke or an outside outfielder get a spot then that makes them the 4th outfielder and Cooper is the corner infielder. 

He's not both because that's two separate roster spots. The bench, the way the Marlins would like it constructed, is a backup catcher, a backup outfielder, a backup middle infielder, and a backup corner infielder. Cooper is the corner infielder. Just because he, or Telis, can play multiple positions doesn't mean they take up all those roster spots. Someone still has to take those other bench spots so Cooper can't be both as far as roster spots. 

But the way this little debate gets answered is to see who gets the other bench roles. If Shuck Van Slyke or an outside outfielder get a spot then that makes them the 4th outfielder and Cooper is the corner infielder. 

Its possible they go with Telis AND Wallach at least for a few days until JT comes back and have Cooper as the backup 1b and OF.

Let's just do the math:

C- Telis and Wallach will both make it as long as JT isnt out.  Maybe Rupp if we can convince him to sign.

1b- Bour

2b- Castro

SS- Rojas

3b- Anderson

Lf- Dietrich

CF- Brinson

RF- Maybin

Bench- other one of Telis/Wallach (backup C), backup MI type im guessing Adames but i havent looked into the options until Riddle comes back in a few days, Cooper, and then I guess one more bench guy who might be an OF so maybe youre right.  Just saying that if they wanted to put Cooper as the 4th OF AND backup 1b it could work.

Either way we're gonna have a roster crunch very soon between JT, Prado, Riddle, Straily, Wittgren and Hernandez coming back fairly quickly and then eventually Chen.