Sierra optioned to AAA

SonOfJack

If he does a really good by July I would like to see him up otherwise another September call up 

He's just 21 and has just 400 ab's above mid A ball and he's not the type of guy who can have power overshadow some of his experience deficiencies while he makes improvements at the major league level.  I have confidence in his hitting ability and he's made progress his second time through every single level he's been, but he needs every day ab's and to prove that he's mastered each level as opposed to some guys who can jump right from AA.  Id only call him up for September.

Brinson and Dietrich are locked in mostly all year unless Deetz gets traded at the deadline. I think Maybin gets a long leash too, so really there's no room for Sierra in July. If he absolutely kills it in Triple-A, then he forces the team's hand and they perhaps try harder to move Deetz or Maybin, but if he's just performing well but not amazingly, I think he stays down until September call ups.