Mets want Realmuto

depends on the contract offer.  what we're doing isnt just selling off assets to cut payroll, we're building with a plan.  if you offer him the right contract he could take it.  Im not counting on it and i dont blame him if he doesnt want to re-sign here, but you gotta figure that out first before you try to deal him.  Offer him a 6-7 year deal above his market value and he might re-sign here and it might make sense given that he has 2 more arbitration years ahead of him and he might be cool with it.  before you trade him though you make sure he wont re-sign.  dont have a problem with trading him if he doesnt want to take it right now, but you at least explore the possibility first, because he is a premium player at a premium position.

If he hadnt asked for a trade before the season started those would be all be valid points. He's gone the second he has the opportunity to, but he'll probably be traded before that

We aren't the old Marlins before 2007.We don't trade for good prospects anymore thanks to Jeter.

"Hill signed an extension through the 2015 season on September 29, 2007, and was promoted to president of baseball operations of the Miami Marlins in September 2013." wikipedia

the day the franchise died

If he hadnt asked for a trade before the season started those would be all be valid points. He's gone the second he has the opportunity to, but he'll probably be traded before that

guys request trades all the time and then calm down and see the positive direction a team is going in.

I don’t know if that’s true. I think Castro might have a better shot of staying here the whole year than Realmuto does.

thats not saying much to me though.  Realmuto has a lesser shot of staying just because he can get us a huge haul of prospects.