Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mets want Realmuto

Featured Replies

Yeah they can go fuck themselves. He’s a building block. 

 

I think if the Marlins can get healthy and get the bullpen in order they can be competitive this season. Certainly not firing on all cylinders. 

 

 

I think if the Marlins can get healthy and get the bullpen in order they can be competitive this seas

 

Whatever you've been smoking, pass it to the rest of the class please.

 

 

I don’t want to offend anyone here, but maybe the Mets would like Chad Wallach 

 

I know you're kidding around otherwise I would have to ask... did @canada-marlin24 share his stash with you? 

 

 

I know you're kidding around otherwise I would have to ask... did @canada-marlin24 share his stash with you? 

 

I think my ironic participation in all the game day threads when Wallach has played speaks for itself.

 

 

Yeah they can go fuck themselves. He’s a building block. 

 

No he isn’t. 

 

 

No he isn’t. 

 

You really don’t think so? He’s second behind only posey in WAR the last two years

 

edit: at catcher obviously. I just feel that production is so hard to find an all around player (which he is as close to as you can get if he isn’t) at catcher that he’s definitely a building block. Look what a top tier catcher did for us in ‘03. Obviously he’s not pudge but the point remains.

 

 

It would be nice if the Marlins could pry away Andres Gimenez (mets #1 prospect) or maybe a Mauricio and Hernandez package.

 

 All these guys are under 20, which is what the marlins need.

 

 

It would be nice if the Marlins could pry away Andres Gimenez (mets #1 prospect) or maybe a Mauricio and Hernandez package.

 

 All these guys are under 20, which is what the marlins need.

 

Their #1 prospect isn't a top 100 prospect if I recall. They better get at least one, if not two Top 100 guys for Realmuto.

 

 

I don't think any of those guys have played in the U.S. prior to this year, which makes it hard to crack the the top 100 unless you are an established Cuban or Japanese player.

 

 

No he isn’t. 

 

Young man, I'm going to have to ask you to start elaborating on these particular posts instead of just leaving it wide open like this.

 

 

I hate fire sales...hated them from the 1997 when good ole Wayne showed us how its done.

 

With that said, this one didn't go well either, so I vote to trade 27 yr old Realmuto ... and hopefully get at least 2 Decent youngsters 

 

 

I hate fire sales...hated them from the 1997 when good ole Wayne showed us how its done.

 

With that said, this one didn't go well either, so I vote to trade 27 yr old Realmuto ... and hopefully get at least 2 Decent youngsters 

 

We're not even half a month into it, these things take time.

 

 

You really don’t think so? He’s second behind only posey in WAR the last two years

 

edit: at catcher obviously. I just feel that production is so hard to find an all around player (which he is as close to as you can get if he isn’t) at catcher that he’s definitely a building block. Look what a top tier catcher did for us in ‘03. Obviously he’s not pudge but the point remains.

 

Realmuto, the player, I absolutely think is a core player, I agree.

 

Realmuto, playing for the Marlins, is not a core player. The Marlins have gutted the team and don’t have core players. I highly doubt they’re building around the idea of Realmuto being their best player long-term. If Yelich wasn’t a core player, Realmuto probably isn’t either.

 

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Realmuto gets traded sooner rather than later.

 

This franchise doesn’t have core players. We’re the Marlins.

 

 

Realmuto, the player, I absolutely think is a core player, I agree.

 

Realmuto, playing for the Marlins, is not a core player. The Marlins have gutted the team and don’t have core players. I highly doubt they’re building around the idea of Realmuto being their best player long-term. If Yelich wasn’t a core player, Realmuto probably isn’t either.

 

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Realmuto gets traded sooner rather than later.

 

This franchise doesn’t have core players. We’re the Marlins.

 

if they are able to sign him long term you try to do that first 100%, but if he doesnt, which i assume he wouldnt, then you move him.

 

 

Young man, I'm going to have to ask you to start elaborating on these particular posts instead of just leaving it wide open like this.

 

Just how i like it.

 

 

mets are a bad trading partner unless its a package of like 5 pieces or we get one of their upper echelon already major league talents like Amed Rosario.

 

I dont look to trade JT at this point though unless its 100% that he wont re-sign here.  ID offer him a huge deal to re-sign here just because even if we over pay for the next couple years, we have money to spend given the rebuild and he's a premier player at an premium position.

 

 

mets are a bad trading partner unless its a package of like 5 pieces or we get one of their upper echelon already major league talents like Amed Rosario.

 

I dont look to trade JT at this point though unless its 100% that he wont re-sign here.  ID offer him a huge deal to re-sign here just because even if we over pay for the next couple years, we have money to spend given the rebuild and he's a premier player at an premium position.

 

It is 100% that he won't re-sign here.

 

 

Realmuto, the player, I absolutely think is a core player, I agree.

 

Realmuto, playing for the Marlins, is not a core player. The Marlins have gutted the team and don’t have core players. I highly doubt they’re building around the idea of Realmuto being their best player long-term. If Yelich wasn’t a core player, Realmuto probably isn’t either.

 

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Realmuto gets traded sooner rather than later.

 

This franchise doesn’t have core players. We’re the Marlins.

 

Ohhh, no I was saying it more along the line that it’s a guy for the Mets to build around so they definitely need to pony up. Though I’m not too sold on this teams ability to execute trades so I just wish he’d stay lol

 

 

It is 100% that he won't re-sign here.

 

depends on the contract offer.  what we're doing isnt just selling off assets to cut payroll, we're building with a plan.  if you offer him the right contract he could take it.  Im not counting on it and i dont blame him if he doesnt want to re-sign here, but you gotta figure that out first before you try to deal him.  Offer him a 6-7 year deal above his market value and he might re-sign here and it might make sense given that he has 2 more arbitration years ahead of him and he might be cool with it.  before you trade him though you make sure he wont re-sign.  dont have a problem with trading him if he doesnt want to take it right now, but you at least explore the possibility first, because he is a premium player at a premium position.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.