Marlins bringing the Holiday axe

bmg42

I have it on good authority that the Marlins fired a bunch of people today by e-mail. At least one of the jobs (not going to name names, but the employee was the spouse of a good friend of a close relative) was Tweeted as available about 8 hours ago. Anybody out there have more information than I do?

All the job listings are in game entertainment type jobs (DJ, organist, etc). I don’t know if these same people held these jobs before last year or not.  Regardless of that, we know they’ve been evaluating in game experience and for some reason it looks like whatever they have in mind requires personnel changes on top of whatever else they have planned.  

All the job listings are in game entertainment type jobs (DJ, organist, etc). I don’t know if these same people held these jobs before last year or not.  Regardless of that, we know they’ve been evaluating in game experience and for some reason it looks like whatever they have in mind requires personnel changes on top of whatever else they have planned.  

Even if it’s the guy that scrapes the dried up mustard off of the floor, terminating employees 2.5 weeks before Christmas is a shitty thing to do. 

When other companies (not the Marlins) terminate employees 2.5 weeks before Christmas it’s a shitty thing to do. 

Even firing the DJ (who is incredibly annoying and dininishes the live game experience) doesn’t deserve to lose his job on Dec 7. 

Even if it’s the guy that scrapes the dried up mustard off of the floor, terminating employees 2.5 weeks before Christmas is a shitty thing to do. 

When other companies (not the Marlins) terminate employees 2.5 weeks before Christmas it’s a shitty thing to do. 

Even firing the DJ (who is incredibly annoying and dininishes the live game experience) doesn’t deserve to lose his job on Dec 7. 

I’m not saying it isn’t shitty. I’m just speculating on what’s going on without taking into consideration the obvious human element.  

But since you brought it up these are most clearly hourly wage type jobs which aren’t paying these people anything in the winter. So this isn’t really affecting their Christmas.