Lets go after Simon

flasportsfan88

Any1 know how much hes worth??

He made $1,475,000 last season.

He probably won't start anywhere (anywhere that has anything near a winning record, at least).

The former Marlin-for-a-week should make less than that IMO. For a power hitter, his OPS is horrible, and his OBP doesn't even hit .310. Around $1 Mill sounds about right.

1-2 Mil.

Would be Great for off the Bench. Can Hit the Philly Fanatic if he wants...

If he hits The Phillie Phanatic, I kill him no questions asked...

Just a thought, obviously Choi and Simon probably never said a word to each other on The Cubbies so would that really make Choi feel comfortable?

Randall Simon - 1B - Chicago Cubs Dec 20

Cubs non-tendered first baseman Randall Simon. The Cubs are still working on getting Michael Barrett signed before tonight's deadline. Simon should be just a pinch-hitter, but some team might give him a chance to start at first base against right-handers. The Pirates are believed to be interested in bringing him back.

He could come cheaper than I expected...

I would rather sign Doug Mientkiewicz for 2 mil if he is non-tendered than Simon. Mientkiewicz is a lefty who gets on base alot with gold glove abilty and a line drive swing which is perfect for PPS.

That's IF he is non-tendered.

I would love Mien. He's from Florida, too.

He would start over Choi right from the get go. I mean, the guy hits .300 and gets on base at a .400 clip. Not to mention the fact that he could seemlessly (sp) replace Lee at 1B.

I would rather sign Doug Mientkiewicz for 2 mil if he is non-tendered than Simon. Mientkiewicz is a lefty who gets on base alot with gold glove abilty and a line drive swing which is perfect for PPS.

The Twins want to get rid of Doug? If they do, we beeter snatch him up. He played for FSU I believe.

I don't like the prospect of signing Simon. Choi is decent enough. He may struggle, but he'll still be worthy of a platoon role. And in that case I want Conine to get a breather at a first and a backup outfielder.

Plus, Simon WAS released by our AAA team a few years back for his attitude. Do we really need that problem in this clubhouse?