Giants Doing Fan Cutouts

4 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

Damnit. Didn’t read right. Doesn’t sound like they are sending them to you. They say pickup instructions will be given. Well that sucks. That would have given fans from out of state an extra way to support them team and to feel like they are apart of it.

Maybe they will work something out for out of state fans, add a shipping charge possibly.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Maybe they will work something out for out of state fans, add a shipping charge possibly.

Maybe they could just do them on flexible poster bird and attach them separately to a piece of cardboard so they could roll them up into a shipping tube

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

No point in the Marlins doing this. What's 16 fan cutouts anyways? 

Well, the Marlins usual 16 fans may be allowed in the stadium, so there's no need for extra "fans"/cutouts in the stands.  Wouldn't want it looking too crowded.

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The Marlins discussed the cutouts idea but decided against it because they didn't want to ask fans to spend more money and because this idea only favors those who do pay for it. They'd rather highlight all fans, if they could, as opposed to just those who pay. So, fairness. 

I like this

But yeah the fairness take is interesting, I hadn't thought of it that way in which paying fans seem more favored than the rest. And for the Marlins who are trying to get "everyone" on board, especially in trying economic times, it's probably smart to not prioritize anyone in most cases.

With that said... the Marlins could actually make a cutout for every Marlins fan if they wanted to since it's only 16 people anyways right? 

I do like that the team has decided to go against it. I would have done it, personally, even if I had to pay a little bit. But it's all good.

Maybe they'll do a free one and suddenly Marlins Park is full*.

*for the first time ever according to social media fools.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I do like that the team has decided to go against it. I would have done it, personally, even if I had to pay a little bit. But it's all good.

Maybe they'll do a free one and suddenly Marlins Park is full*.

*for the first time ever according to social media fools.

You know there'd be an article ridiculing the Marlins for doing it.

While completely ignoring the fact the Giants are doing it.

On 7/16/2020 at 12:22 PM, SilverBullet said:

But yeah the fairness take is interesting, I hadn't thought of it that way in which paying fans seem more favored than the rest. And for the Marlins who are trying to get "everyone" on board, especially in trying economic times, it's probably smart to not prioritize anyone in most cases.

With that said... the Marlins could actually make a cutout for every Marlins fan if they wanted to since it's only 16 people anyways right? 

Where did you see it brought up? I haven’t seen an arrival or anything about it.