AL Postseason Games

8 hours ago, Valid said:

Stanton with two more so far tonight. I miss him.

Every time he has some success, people say that. Overall though, that contract looks like a disaster waiting to happen. 

24 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Every time he has some success, people say that. Overall though, that contract looks like a disaster waiting to happen. 

You know which one of our former players I miss? And I mean REALLY miss?

Yusmeiro Petit. Every time he throws a strike, I scream into the universe, asking "why, God, did You allow us to let him go?!" That time when he retired 46 batters in a row, I considered many, many things. Dark times.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I mean when healthy, he is still an absolute monster and he is making that pretty clear right now. Now obviously, he hasn't been healthy the past two seasons, but I would definitely like a healthy Stanton in our lineup right now, contract or no contract. Also, if he can get the Yankees a World Series title this year, that contract will look considerably less woeful in New York (see: A-Rod).

Edited by Valid
2 minutes ago, Valid said:

I mean when healthy, he is still an absolute monster and he is making that pretty clear right now. Now obviously, he hasn't been healthy the past two seasons, but I would definitely like a healthy Stanton in our lineup right now, contract or no contract. Also, if he can get the Yankees a World Series title this year, that contract will look considerably less woeful in New York (see: A-Rod).

The Yankees can absorb a bad contract like A-Rod. Marlins can’t.  You can’t just ignore the reality of that contract. There are a lot of years and dollars left on it and Marlins were lucky to escape it. That would’ve crippled the franchise for years. 

I just saw the video of the two homers he hit yesterday. My god, please seek those out if you haven't. One was the straight and low line drive to the right field corner, which would normally be a bloop hit over the first baseman but for Stanton it just keeps going. I know he did that once with us. And the second was when he gets a meatball and just pulls it with some lightning quick bat speed and the pitcher knows it's gone immediately. I do miss watching those types of homers for us. When he hits them he hits them like nobody else.

• Like 1