AL Postseason Games

Figured I'd make a thread for anyone interested.

Astros scored 3 in the 9th to beat the Twins 4-1 in game 1

White Sox beat the A's 4-1 in game 1

Rays up 1-0 over the Blue Jays in the Top of the 5th of Game 1

---

Rich Waltz is calling at least game 1 of the Rays-Blue Jays series - wish he'd have called our games for old times sake.

I also feel like the Rays crowd noise is too loud - it's hard to hear Rich/the broadcasters.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Rich Waltz is calling at least game 1 of the Rays-Blue Jays series - wish he'd have called our games for old times sake.

this x100000000000000000000000

i mean c'mon

Yankees now up 5-1. I am kind of happy that Bieber is getting a bit exposed by the Yankees. It shows that the Central region was not exactly a hitter's paradise. Maybe Darvish and Hendricks's numbers are a bit of a mirage?

• Like 1

They had a graphic on the Yankee vs Indian game (ESPN) with the recaps of the previous games. They mentioned Ian Snell instead of Blake Snell. Can't wait for the 2012-2017 era logo when they do the National league games tomorrow.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

They had a graphic on the Yankee vs Indian game (ESPN) with the recaps of the previous games. They mentioned Ian Snell instead of Blake Snell. Can't wait for the 2012-2017 era logo when they do the National league games tomorrow.

Lmao Ian Snell wow. So for the Marlins yeah we'll definitely get the 2012 logo, but what else? Maybe they'll discuss the home run sculpture? Maybe they'll think we still have Stanton Ozuna and Yelich? 

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Lmao Ian Snell wow. So for the Marlins yeah we'll definitely get the 2012 logo, but what else? Maybe they'll discuss the home run sculpture? Maybe they'll think we still have Stanton Ozuna and Yelich? 

Y'all giving them too much credit. They're going to talk about the catwalks at our home stadium and how Tom Brady has affected the local sports scene.

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

No, but I guarantee they bring up the fact that we traded them away.

Edited by rmc523
14 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Rich Waltz is calling at least game 1 of the Rays-Blue Jays series - wish he'd have called our games for old times sake

Probably said no to that cause there'd be some inherent bias with him having called games for us for 13 seasons.

He seemed bored calling the Rays game. Lol

9 hours ago, rmc523 said:

No, but I guarantee they bring up the fact that we traded them away.

They'll discuss the fire sale and then question if it was the right move and if Jeter can ever make a winner here... all while calling a Marlins playoff game in 2020.

Now THAT would be funny.

"They may be in this playoff game but I still can't believe the Marlins traded Marcell Ozuna away for spare parts as Sandy Alcantara strikes out the side here in the 8th it's 6-0 Marlins and we'll discuss the Ozuna trade more after the break"

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, Michael said:

Probably said no to that cause there'd be some inherent bias with him having called games for us for 13 seasons.

He seemed bored calling the Rays game. Lol

I agree that he seemed bored.....when I could hear him at least, it was hard to hear him over the fake crowd noise.

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

They'll discuss the fire sale and then question if it was the right move and if Jeter can ever make a winner here... all while calling a Marlins playoff game in 2020.

Now THAT would be funny.

You joke about it, but I totally expect it.

56 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I agree that he seemed bored.....when I could hear him at least, it was hard to hear him over the fake crowd noise.

The fake noise entirely at Tropicana has been far too loud this entire year. No idea what they're playing at.

49 minutes ago, Michael said:

The fake noise entirely at Tropicana has been far too loud this entire year. No idea what they're playing at.

I remember saying that when we played them there - it was hard to heard the broadcasters then too.

The playoffs is a total crapshoot and just getting there multiple times is an accomplishment but man, Twins fans just have it awful in the playoffs. 

One could make an argument that Twins fans shouldn't even want to get to the playoffs anymore. 

The Astros should really shut up. This is not the time to be proclaiming "what are they gonna say now" just over a win in a 3 game series especially when they just entered the postseason under .500.

Dusty needs to tell them to shut up and do their talking on the field with wins because the arrogant defensive statements are awful. 

• Like 1
On 9/30/2020 at 9:04 AM, SilverBullet said:

"They may be in this playoff game but I still can't believe the Marlins traded Marcell Ozuna away for spare parts as Sandy Alcantara strikes out the side here in the 8th it's 6-0 Marlins and we'll discuss the Ozuna trade more after the break"

Too bad ESPN won't be doing the NLDS. Assuming a Marlins vs Braves series it would be a perfect opportunity to berate the Marlins for trading Marcell Ozuna to a division rival for a bag of peanuts just as Sandy strikes him out for the 3rd time in the game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

it would be a perfect opportunity to berate the Marlins for trading Marcell Ozuna to a division rival

They would get that tidbit wrong. 😆

• Haha 2
  • SonOfJack changed the title to AL Postseason Games
9 hours ago, Valid said:

Grand slam for Stanton tonight. He has now homered in each of the first three playoff games.

Really happy to see Big G doing well.

Oh goooood for hiiiiiim.

Seriously, good for him. He's been through enough.

• Like 1