loanDepot Park Updates Observations & Critique

rmc523

48 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Do we know if maybe the Clevelander left on their own? Cuz with these things when they rent them out to businesses it's usually a great idea at first then years later the business realizes it was a mistake and pulls out. The Marlins being a shit show definitely lends itself to the Clevelander wanting to bail.

That could be the case but I figured the Marlins would just convert it to their own themed bar and space. 

56 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Do we know if maybe the Clevelander left on their own? Cuz with these things when they rent them out to businesses it's usually a great idea at first then years later the business realizes it was a mistake and pulls out. The Marlins being a shit show definitely lends itself to the Clevelander wanting to bail.

It was called a mutual decision at the time

40 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

It was called a mutual decision at the time

Then probably Clevelander wanted to bail, seeing no benefit to being at Marlins Park, and then Jeter likely agreeing because he doesn't like anything Loria brought jn.

But yea if they have no idea a Marlins run bar space would be fine there.

6 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

The only time I’ve been down was in 2012. Would like to come down again soon. I do hate that they got rid of a lot of what made the park unique. I never hated the home run structure but it just doesn’t vibe with the current team look. Don’t understand getting rid of the clevelander, like at all especially with no immediate plan on how to fill that space. 

I’ve never understood why we don’t incorporate more water elements. As an outsider, I feel Miami is a beach city. I think vibrant, water like aesthetics. I like the blue walls but it feels kinda sterile from the TV side

Agreed about water elements - which is one reason it's disappointing the tanks were removed.  It'd have been nice for the tanks to be more accessible, though.

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Wonder if whatever contract they signed was about up?  Maybe Jeter approached them about extending it and they said they didn't want to so they agreed to part ways early?

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Then probably Clevelander wanted to bail, seeing no benefit to being at Marlins Park, and then Jeter likely agreeing because he doesn't like anything Loria brought jn.

But yea if they have no idea a Marlins run bar space would be fine there.

Heck, why not talk to Budweiser - they already have the bar up top - make that area below the "Budweiser Beach" since they have the pool there - make it beach themed (without sand because that's a mess).

Edited by rmc523

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Agreed about water elements - which is one reason it's disappointing the tanks were removed.  It'd have been nice for the tanks to be more accessible, though.

Wonder if whatever contract they signed was about up?  Maybe Jeter approached them about extending it and they said they didn't want to so they agreed to part ways early?

Heck, why not talk to Budweiser - they already have the bar up top - make that area below the "Budweiser Beach" since they have the pool there - make it beach themed (without sand because that's a mess).

Not sure if you meant at the time but the pool has since been filled in with concrete. Sad face 

38 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

Not sure if you meant at the time but the pool has since been filled in with concrete. Sad face 

It has?  I didn't know that.  Well guess there goes that idea.    They really did remove everything fun and unique about the park, didn't they?

Well.  Now that the pool/beach idea is out (I blame @AeroFishOne  lol).....I came up with another idea.....

I know they already have a bar in the RF area (which btw doesn't operate like a normal bar of walking up to it - they set up a single line without any sort of sign indicating a line and me and my brother and cousin stood there at the bar waiting for a while before the lady finally told us there was a line).......but here's a thought:

The Bacardi Bullpen.

A bar that specializes in craft cocktail type Caribbean-inspired drinks using Bacardi (as opposed to just regular ones).  Give it some Caribbean theming, open up that staircase and allow anyone/everyone to go down there from the main concourse.  Either put some comfy seating back in, or put more SRO areas first come first serve there against the fence.  Add tables and chairs under there with screens to watch the game or you can go closer to the fence and watch there.

Drinks could be called corny names like "the reliever, the closer, the setup man," etc.

Edited by rmc523