MLB sells exclusive card rights to Fanatics

AeroFishOne

I don’t know if anyone else saw the news but this blows hugely.

Fanatics is a shit company with shit product that spreads like cancer taking over all other good stores. They have zero experience in cards and this will kill a 70 year run by Topps. While I like most of Topps products they suffer from being the exclusive rights holder. Anytime anyone has an exclusive rights deal the product starts to suck,

Manfred is a disgrace to baseball and is trying his hardest to fuck every last ounce of happiness out of it.

I’m not ok.

Edited by AeroFishOne

I'm not sure how I feel about this, since Topps was the only baseball card company the last few years I can say I honestly can't tell the difference between one years cards from the next years they all look so similar, also former Disney chief  Michael Eisner took over Topps so I'm kinda glad that asshole won't be in the game.  On the other hand I've collected every Topps  baseball set for the last 45 years so I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to a product from fanatics, also their prices on items is rather high and not usually of great quality plus they've never made cards of any sort so there's that too. I guess I'll have to wait and see about the price and product but this has another shitty Manfred deal written all over it 

Well, this should be interesting.

Also, most articles are saying Topps is OUT! I mean, Panini doesn't have an agreement, and they do more than fine. Topps may stick around, just not with an officially-licensed product. Someone also suggested Fanatics would buy Topps and continue producing (at least some) cards under the Topps label. That would be neat.

18 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

Well, this should be interesting.

Also, most articles are saying Topps is OUT! I mean, Panini doesn't have an agreement, and they do more than fine. Topps may stick around, just not with an officially-licensed product. Someone also suggested Fanatics would buy Topps and continue producing (at least some) cards under the Topps label. That would be neat.

If I understand it correctly which I may not, Fanatics also won the MLBPA rights too which would mean they can’t use players or teams. Only way for Topps to stay in the game or Panini in baseball too is to sell the rights to their brands to fanatics

1 hour ago, AeroFishOne said:

If I understand it correctly which I may not, Fanatics also won the MLBPA rights too which would mean they can’t use players or teams. Only way for Topps to stay in the game or Panini in baseball too is to sell the rights to their brands to fanatics

See look.

Owners and Players CAN agree on something.

That something is the same it always been.

Money. 

1 hour ago, AeroFishOne said:

Well, damn. That really sucks, then.