What were your 10 favorite movies of 2003?

Nugget

1. The Last Samurai

2. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

3. Kill Bill

4. Matrix Revolutions (So what, I liked it)

5. Pirates of the Carribean

6. Terminator 3

7. Matrix Reloaded

8. X2: X-men United

9. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

10. Gothika

Master and Commander is the most overrated movie of all-time. I was quite dissapointed in it. I was pretty dissapointed in Cold Mountain, but I thought it was ok.

It was hard to pick The Last Samurai over ROTK, but I was so moved by Samurai that I had to put it at number 1. ROTK is one of my favorite movies of all-time, but TLS is probably my favorite out of any movie.

This was a pretty weak movie year overall, with a few exceptions. Only a handful of movies that came out this year were that good. Here are most of the movies I saw, and their rating.

National Security- CRAP

The Recruit- GOOD

Daredevil- AVERAGE

Old School- Best Comedy of the Year

Tears of the Sun- GOOD

Bringing Down the House- BAD

The Core- AVERAGE

Anger Management- GOOD

X-Men 2- X-CELLENT :thumbup

The Matrix Reloaded- EXCELLENT

The Italian Job- GOOD

Dumb and Dumberer- One of the Worst of the Year :thumbdown

Bruce Almighty- GOOD

Terminator 3- EXCELLENT

LXG- GOOD

Tomb Raider 2- AVERAGE, better than the horrible first movie

SWAT- AVERAGE

Once Upon a Time in Mexico- GOOD

Scary Movie 3- GOOD

The Matrix Revolutions- EXCELLENT, lousy ending

Elf- AVERAGE

Paycheck- GOOD

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King- EXCELLENT

The Hulk- BAD

Pirates of the Caribbean- GOOD

Equilibrium- EXCELLENT (rent this movie if you haven't seen it)

It was hard to pick The Last Samurai over ROTK, but I was so moved by Samurai that I had to put it at number 1. ROTK is one of my favorite movies of all-time, but TLS is probably my favorite out of any movie.

Yeah, you would of hated this, some idiot on the radio rated it the 4th worst movie of the year.

Guest Juanky

Yeah, you would of hated this, some idiot on the radio rated it the 4th worst movie of the year. I thought TLS was good, however it wasn't great. Cruise was too blown up and Bob was the guy who kept the movie together at times. I haven't seen the third LOTR yet, but I'm sure it'll be awesome. Confidence was good, I bought the Italian Job already, I've wanted to The Order for a while but haven't gotten the chance, Elf was hilarious, BB2 was awesome, and the two Matrix movies were great. I forgot what else.

In no order because I'm lazy,

X2, Lost in Translation, Kill Bill, Return of the King, American Splendor, Identity, Cold Mountain

Worst: Matrix 3, Basic, Charlies Angels 2, Life of David Gale, Cheaper by the Dozen

Still haven't seen Bad Santa or Mystic River or 21 Grams or Fog of War, etc...., they'll be great Im sure. January is actually the best time for movies because of all the yearend holdovers, especially if you live in a big city that has a lot of theaters and gets all the arthouse stuff :thumbup

I'm too stoopid to remember everything I saw this year, so I'll go with my Top Whatever based on the ones listed here.

1. Lost In Translation

2. The Last Samurai

3. Pirates of the Carribean

4. Finding Nemo

5. Mystic River

6. Return of the King

7. Spellbound

8. Elf

9. School of Rock

10. Love Actually/Seabiscuit

I'm kind of reaching towards the end there, but there's a bunch of s*** I haven't seen, like American Splendor, 21 Grams, The House of Sand and Fog, and plenty of others I'm sure. I've never made a year-end list with so many blockbusters; the so-called "arty" films this year really sucked a nut. Master and Commander may be the most overrated film of my lifetime.