Dolphins Trade for a QB

RossInfoMan

Dolphins get QB Feeley

BY JASON COLE

jcole@herlad.com

INDIANAPOLIS - The Dolphins concluded a busy week of searching for a quarterback when they reached an agreement to trade for Philadelphia restricted free agent quarterback A.J. Feeley on Saturday, according to two NFL sources.

The Dolphins reached the agreement quickly after failing in a last-ditch attempt to acquire Mark Brunell from Jacksonville, who agreed to a trade to Washington. Miami was then rebuffed by Washington in an attempt to trade for Redskins backup Patrick Ramsey.

That left the team with Feeley as the next-best option. The deal came together quickly Saturday. As of Friday night, the teams hadn't had serious discussions about a trade.

Feeley was 4-1 as a starter in 2002 when subbing for an injured Donovan McNabb. The Dolphins had talked to Philadelphia in late January about Feeley's availability.

The Eagles have been resolved to the fact they would have to trade Feeley or risk losing him after the 2004 season as an unrestricted free agent. Philadelphia had planned to offer Feeley a one-year tender that would give them a first-round pick in return if another team signed him.

However, an Eagles source said the team was willing to accept less in exchange in trade for Feeley, who was a fifth-round pick in 2001 from Oregon. While at Oregon, Feeley was a starter before being injured and eventually losing his job to eventual first-round draft pick Joey Harrington.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/8009991.htm

i dont really know what to think about it.

the good thing about feeley is that he's a prospect who has had 3 seasons to train in the nfl. you could think of it as the alternative to drafting a QB and watching him suck in 2004.

i dont know if that means he's going to start or if they are even planning on keeping him as the starter.

Feeley is going to be very good.

What are the eagles getting in return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the news they said we're going to give them a draft pick in 2005 O THANK GOD! :notworthy

we didn't give up the 1st round pick. :party

We can still draft a QB!

*Cough* Phillip Rivers *Cough* Phillip Rivers won't be there sadly. I wish we could get him as he has a sick arm.

Second Round reports sportsline. I like this trade very much. Especially now that Rivers won't make it to 20. So that frees us up to get a good reciever in the draft or O-linemen and get a reciever in FA.

First of all I think T.O. might be too expensive.

So we get Jackson from Seattle.

Next who are we gonna draft in the 1st round if we don't get rivers.

Michael Clayton?

Reggie Williams?

Screw that.

He's dating Heather Mitts(I think that's her name). She is the soccer player that won page 2's hottest female athlete. :thumbup

Is that gonna make him good or something? yea... nah just thought i'd mention cuz i'm not a phins fan and i don't think he's anything more than a no. 2 qb. he doesn't fix the problem.

He's dating Heather Mitts(I think that's her name).? She is the soccer player that won page 2's hottest female athlete.? :thumbup

Is that gonna make him good or something? yea... nah just thought i'd mention cuz i'm not a phins fan and i don't think he's anything more than a no. 2 qb. he doesn't fix the problem. AMEN!

I saw Feeley first hand when I was in Philly two years ago.

Trust me, the kid has great talent. Better than Fiedler or Griese, that's for sure.

And why would we draft a QB after trading for one, fishfan? That's moronic.

If Miami is smart, they will trade up for a GOOD O-Lineman instead of settling for s*** at 20th overall.

Trust me, the kid has great talent. Better than Fiedler or Griese, that's for sure.

If Miami is smart, they will trade up for a GOOD O-Lineman instead of settling for s*** at 20th overall.

Oh so that's why he lost out on the back up position to Detmer this year, right?

I've seen him enough(I always take trips down to Iggles camp seeing that it's 45 minutes from my house) to realize, he will never be anything special and is best used as a backup.

screw you man.

We are not gonna be able to trade up high enough for an OL.

We are either gonna get a WR or Phillip Rivers.

Plus Fiedler will get cut and Feeley is a backup type QB.

Always Has and Always Will.

Rivers is the key man.

Trust me on this man.

ppl, u gotta realize that we're probably not gonna get rivers. pittsburgh wants to get him and they got i think the 11th pick. And according to QAM(Big-O), the Packers are offering a 2nd rnder to the Texans for Henson so that's pretty much out the window. The Redskins dont wanna trade Ramsey cause Gibbs wants two legitimate QBs. So that's y the Fins got Feely.