Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RossInfoMan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RossInfoMan

  1. Villone is a lefty, this year he is 2-3, 2.45 ERA, 41 K, 23 walks, 1.39 WHIP, .226 opp BA. In his career, he is 49-52, 4.70 ERA with 93 starts and 353 relief appearances. He has held lefties to a .213 average and righties to a .242 average this year.
  2. Ugh. I remember that game 881640[/snapback] If I'm not mistaken that home run came of your boy Nate Bump. 881698[/snapback] Actually, Alfonseca gave up the home run.
  3. Livan and Moehler matched up earlier this season on April 9 at DS. That was the game in which Delgado got his first homer to tie it up in the 9th, but then Guillen hit one to win it in the 10th.
  4. NATIONALS Carroll Church Guillen Johnson Wilson Baerga Bennett Guzman Hernandez MARLINS Pierre Easley Conine Cabrera Encarnacion Lowell Gonzalez Treanor Moehler
  5. Just be thankful youre not a Rangers fan. They have to hear him every game.
  6. Just to be clear, that is a model made by an independent architect, not something that has been or would be commissioned by the Marlins. They are not even close to be ready to build.
  7. Honestly, I don't think Tommy is the kind of guy who would want to be with a national network. He used to be on ESPN, and seems to be pretty settled down here. Anyway, FOX only has one game a week, so their announcers are with other teams the rest of the week.
  8. ESPN.com says that they are showing the Marlins-Cards on Monday, August 1, not August 2. It even says Monday Night Baseball by L'Oreal. On Tuesday, they are showing poker all night. edit: changed thread title to reflect this
  9. Free agent Walker draws Heat's interest By Ira Winderman Staff Writer Posted July 28 2005 Antoine Walker, one of the NBA's top remaining uncommitted free agents, has emerged on the Heat's radar. According to sources familiar with the Heat's approach, the team plans to discuss a role with the 6-foot-9 forward, perhaps today. Walker split time last season between Atlanta and Boston, helping to fuel a late-season playoff push by the Celtics. However, with Boston committed to a youth movement, the 28-year-old is not expected to be invited back by the Celtics. Already over the salary-cap, the Heat would be limited to a bid of its $5.1 million mid-level exception or have to work out a sign-and-trade agreement with the Celtics. Walker earned $14.6 million in the final year of a six-year, $77 million contract. With Walker a quality ball-handler and streaky 3-point shooter, the Heat could field an oversized lineup of Shaquille O'Neal at center, Udonis Haslem a power forward, Walker at small forward, Eddie Jones back at his natural shooting guard and Dwyane Wade back a point guard, where he played in 2003-04 as a rookie before switching to shooting guard last season. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-hea...la-sports-front
  10. I guess I dislike it because I find the Southeast Division so uninteresting, even with Tampa Bay winning the Stanley, I still don't care to see them. Atlanta, Washington, and Carolina 24 times doesnt really light a fire under me, maybe some good free agent pickups would.
  11. The Herald is reporting that Teele has been declared dead. Police: Teele declared dead BY LUISA YANEZ, CAROL ROSENBERG and MATTHEW I. PINZUR mpinzur@herald.com Former Miami City Commissioner Arthur E. Teele Jr. fatally shot himself in the head in the lobby of The Miami Herald building this evening, four days after being arraigned on 26 counts of federal mail fraud, wire fraud and money laundering. Teele walked into The Herald lobby shortly after 6 p.m., pulled a gun from a book bag, shook the security guard's hand and asked him to relay a message. ''He said to tell [Herald columnist Jim] DeFede to tell his wife he loves her,'' said Felix Nazco, 35, the security guard. He then stood with the gun to his head until Miami police arrived, when he shot himself. No one else was injured. Teele was taken out on a gurney by Miami Fire-Rescue at 6:14 p.m., transported to the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital. According to a fire-rescue spokesman, his condition was ''very, very critical,'' with two bullet holes in the back of his head. While traveling to the hospital medics attempted to put a tube in his mouth, but Teele bit down in resistance, said spokesman Ignatius Carroll. Teele did not speak when medics asked if he could hear them, but Teele did blink his eyes in recognition. All that remained on the lobby's marble floor was a pool of blood, his eyeglasses and the black-handled pistol. ''He was here less than 10 minutes,'' said Nazco, a 14-year Herald employee. Teele, 59, faces federal charges of defrauding Miami-Dade County by helping a major electrical contractor use a small Miami front company to win airport contracts worth about $20 million. He received more than $59,000 for helping to organize the scheme, according to the federal indictment. If convicted, he faces possible prison terms of 10 to 20 years on each of the 26 federal counts. He pleaded not guilty at Friday's arraignment, and his lawyer, David Garvin, called the charges ``a joke.'' Teele, removed last year from his City Commission seat by Gov. Jeb Bush, was convicted in March of threatening a police officer. He is on probation and free on bond. Teele walked into The Herald dressed in dark suit, light blue shirt and crimson tie. Once a powerhouse politician in Miami and Miami-Dade, Teele is already facing corruption charges in state court for allegedly taking kickbacks from a contractor in Overtown neighborhoods targeted for revitalization. A lengthy cover story that consumes much of tomorrow's edition of Miami New Times accuses Teele of being involved with drug traffic, bribery, extortion and sex with multiple mistresses and male prostitutes. Reporter Francisco Alvarado, who wrote the story, said it was primarily a compliation of prior media reports and new information revealed during discovery for Teele's pending trial. ''It's just a surreal coincidence that he did this on the day my article came out,'' said reporter Francisco Alvarado, who wrote the story. ``I really feel bad; I would never want anyone to harm themselves over something I wrote, but at the end of the day, I was just doing my job.'' Even with his recent legal woes and crumbling public career, Teele was able to tap into a deep well of supporters. But even those wellwishers noticed a marked change in the charismatic and often contentios Art Teele in recent days. ''He was distancing himself from everyone,'' said Tangela Sears, an activist in the county's black community and onetime aide to former Miami Mayor Joe Carollo. ''I would text message him on his cellphone to let him know I was praying for him,'' said Sears. Teele would usually respond with a phone call. But in recent days, said Sears, her messages went unreturned. ''It's like he was drifting away from those close to him,'' said Sears, who described Teele as a ``strong man, and brilliant.'' ``I think he just wanted to be alone.'' http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/12238270.htm
  12. Miami-Dade Fire Rescue ranked 9th busiest in nation By LUISA YANEZ lyanez@herald.com The Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department is the ninth busiest department in the country, according to a leading industry magazine. Firehouse Magazine, which has conducted the annual ranking for 24 years, said Miami-Dade handled a total of 206,414 calls last year. . 876835[/snapback] 1 of those was me! Yay!
  13. 8 games against each division opponent seems like a lot, thats almost half the schedule, much like baseball has done with the unbalanced schedule.
  14. MIAMI -- Former City Commissioner Arthur E. Teele Jr., recently indicted on corruption charges, shot himself in the lobby of The Miami Herald building Wednesday, the city's mayor reported. The newspaper said Teele shot himself in the mouth shortly after 6 p.m. He was taken to Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, but his condition was not immediately known. "My understanding is there is still a pulse but he's in critical condition," said Mayor Manny Diaz. "Obviously, it's very tragic and we're all extremely sad and praying for him." Police used yellow crime-scene tape to block off the entire bayside building. Crowds gathered outside the tape amid very heavy police presence. Miami police spokesman Delrish Moss told reporters that police received a report of a man with a gun dressed in blue in the lobby of the Herald. "He came in asked to see a reporter, he was very distraught, he wanted to make sure we told his wife that he loved her," Moss said. Moss added that police are forbidden from confirming the man's identity until his family is notified. Teele, who also was a former federal official, and an electrical contractor were indicted July 14 on charges of lying to get more than $20 million in contracts at Miami International Airport that were supposed to go to minority-owned businesses. The alleged fraud took place between December 2001 and this year, and FLP took fees from Teele and Maxwell in exchange for using its name. The indictment charges the two with conspiring to commit mail and wire fraud and money laundering. Teele is also a former Miami-Dade County commissioner and was once a local political powerhouse. He was convicted in March in state court of threatening a police officer as part of an unrelated corruption investigation that has yet to go to trial. http://www.nbc6.net/news/4778191/detail.html
  15. NASA Grounds Entire Space Shuttle Fleet POSTED: 9:47 am EDT July 27, 2005 HOUSTON -- NASA says it is grounding future space shuttle flights because foam debris that brought down Columbia is still a risk. NASA says the mysterious object that came flying off the space shuttle Discovery's fuel tank during liftoff was a large piece of foam insulation. That was the very thing that caused Columbia to break apart during re-entry two and a half years ago, killing all seven astronauts aboard. But this time, the foam didn't hit the spacecraft. NASA expected some debris to fall off during Tuesday's launch, but officials said they won't know for a few days whether any of it will mean a risk to the crew. Discovery astronauts woke early Wednesday morning and started checking the outside of their spacecraft. They were maneuvering a sensor-equipped robotic arm to see if any damage occurred during launch Tuesday. The examination focused on the shuttle's wings and nose. It's one of the new procedures put in place since the 2003 Columbia tragedy. NASA officials say two chunks of debris appeared to break free during launch. Officials say cameras recorded what looks like a piece of thermal tile breaking off the shuttle's belly. And a chunk of what may be foam insulation peeled off the external fuel tank. Officials don't know if the debris did any damage. At an 11 a.m. EDT Wednesday news conference, flight director Paul Hill said that much of the data from the various cameras and scans has been sent back to Earth and is being distilled into engineering reports. If any areas need additional reviews, those will likely happen on the fourth day of the flight. Hill said the process worked well, but that it was a lot of work, requiring full-time attention from three of the seven crew members. NASA hopes not to have to do as much scanning on future flights, if it can rely on other sensors. He noted that although some small damage was reported Tuesday, the shuttle has landed many times with some thermal protection system damage, so NASA knows what can be tolerated. In orbit, astronauts have also tested the tools and equipment they'll use during some space walks. And they're planning to get the airlock ready for Thursday's docking with the international space station. Engineers on the ground are analyzing images and data from the launch to see if there were other incidents, NASA said on its Web site. The crew of the orbiting laboratory will also photograph all sides of Discovery before the two link up. Rendezvous with the station is scheduled for 7:18 a.m. EDT Thursday. Discovery will provide a new gyroscope for the station, as well as other supplies. http://www.nbc6.net/news/4774859/detail.ht..._05530007272005
  16. RossInfoMan replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    Its a shame that this is a surprise, but that high of a number given the circumstances is quite surprising.
  17. In every corner of the lower deck, two section numbers are missing because the upper deck has more sections and the numbers are lined up from top to bottom (410 over 210 over 110).
  18. I recommend you try to get seats in sec. 110, 107 874967[/snapback] Ive always wondered about those seats, but never sat there. It seems like those would be better than the terrace box seats directly behind the bullpens because of the need to twist your neck to see the plate. Do you get a good view from 107, 110?
  19. The rotation is always clockwise.
  20. Just calm down, dude. I remember every time someone didnt agree with you, you said you were going to kill yourself. And dont make up stuff.
  21. ESPN2 in Southern Cal and the Bay Area (Espn2 Alt on satellite), FSN in Florida and Arizona.
Background Picker
Customize Layout

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.