Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bobbob1313

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobbob1313

  1. I think there's no way the team does so poorly at home because the fans don't show up. I think it's just coincidence Bad luck. Some combination of those 2 plus a bunch of other various reasons. Your probably right. I've been trying to figure it out all season long. Professionals should be able to perform in front of 60,000 or 600. It's def some strange coincidence. Anyway to pull any figures on the pitchers we have faced at home and lost too compared to on the road? I would be curious to see if we have had tougher matchups at home. It's a damn shame b/c we have always been a fairly decent home team. Basically, they are being paid their 6+ figure salary regardless of who shows up, and they aren't playing for the fans (regardless of what we might think) so I really don't think there's any reason for us to play any worse. I really feel like it's mostly coincidence.
  2. I think there's no way the team does so poorly at home because the fans don't show up. I think it's just coincidence Bad luck. Some combination of those 2 plus a bunch of other various reasons.
  3. other day other blowout their boooo fred :banghead :chair :guillotine :hanged Do you even like the Marlins?
  4. Bro, pull your panties a little out of your crack and learn to take a joke for one freakin second. You never agree with me, thus the comment. I could care less if people agree with me, that's why they are called opinions. Should I not speak when you are in the same thread as me? If you are just going to be hostile then yeah, it'd probably be for the best. I think I will just put you on ignore. You cause nothing but problems anyways and intentionally start sh*t when your in a bad mood. Not worth my time and frankly not worth anyones time on this board. Enjoy the game dude. People take simple disagreements as starting sh*t, apparently. Take a look at Wednesday's game thread when you were crying to Dodge that you were being "trolled" when you simply came into the thread, said you were in a pissed off mood b/c you didn't get your way about an Elijah Dukes argument and said you were just coming here to criticize people. Yeah I would say that is starting sh*t. I don't need it. The game thread doesn't need it and none of the other members on this board need it. That was a joke. Of course the fact that I did end up critiquing numerous posts didn't help, but in my defense, if I disagree with a post I'm going to say it. Thats all I'm saying in this thread. If you've got anything more to say, pm me. It's not worth making a big deal.
  5. And here come the people who only post when we lose.
  6. Bro, pull your panties a little out of your crack and learn to take a joke for one freakin second. You never agree with me, thus the comment. I could care less if people agree with me, that's why they are called opinions. Should I not speak when you are in the same thread as me? If you are just going to be hostile then yeah, it'd probably be for the best. I think I will just put you on ignore. You cause nothing but problems anyways and intentionally start sh*t when your in a bad mood. Not worth my time and frankly not worth anyones time on this board. Enjoy the game dude. People take simple disagreements as starting sh*t, apparently.
  7. Wes Obermueller is awful, and his like 2 decent starts early in the season don't change that. He's been crap at every stop in the majors.
  8. Bro, pull your panties a little out of your crack and learn to take a joke for one freakin second. You never agree with me, thus the comment. I could care less if people agree with me, that's why they are called opinions. Should I not speak when you are in the same thread as me? If you are just going to be hostile then yeah, it'd probably be for the best.
  9. 0 outs runners on 1st and 3rd and we can't hit a fly ball to the outfield. This is where the all or nothing mentality comes back to bite you in the ass. F-U-N-D-A-M-E-N-T-A-L-S! I disagree. We have a better shot of hitting a ball into the outfield if we go for the "home run swing", which is what I assume you mean when you say "all or nothing". I'm really surprised you disagree :sarcasm Good response there. God forbid someone disagrees with you on a discussion board, dude. Think about it, though. If guys are trying to hit the long ball, don't they have a better chance of getting the ball into the outfield if they are trying to get under the ball than if they try to shorten up and just put bat on ball (which would more than likely lead to a ground out).
  10. I remember when everyone thought Wes Obermueller was good.
  11. 0 outs runners on 1st and 3rd and we can't hit a fly ball to the outfield. This is where the all or nothing mentality comes back to bite you in the ass. F-U-N-D-A-M-E-N-T-A-L-S! I disagree. We have a better shot of hitting a ball into the outfield if we go for the "home run swing", which is what I assume you mean when you say "all or nothing".
  12. andruw strikes out swinging...again. Man, what is wrong with him? I mean, players don't just forget how to hit at the age of 30...
  13. Well, thats what makes Biggio even more impressive, as I said earlier. I don't think it is necesarily impossible to compare players who play seperate positions, you just have to take into account the fact that one plays a premium offensive position, and one doesn't.
  14. bobbob is a very good poster. omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg :wub: :blush
  15. Watch as nothing happens to the Padres clubhouse.
  16. Communism isn't necesarilly a bad thing, but what Castro does isn't communism.
  17. Scot Olsen .276 Matt Treanor .273 Miguel Olivo .247 Jason Wood .246 JEREMY HERMIDA .221 He is nowhere near league average. Show me a team with a batting average under .221. You better look really hard.....because their isn't one. Batting average tells you exactly how good a player is because it takes walks and extra base hits into account. Oh, wait... Matt Treanor .773 OPS Jason Wood .718 OPS Jeremy Hermida .707 OPS Fine, if you want to cite OPS to say that Hermida isn't that good right now, go ahead. I'm not going to argue, because he's now below average in OPS too. But to say he's below average because he has a .220 BA and ignore that he walks like 10% of the time and has a decent amount of extra base hits, is ignorant.
  18. Scot Olsen .276 Matt Treanor .273 Miguel Olivo .247 Jason Wood .246 JEREMY HERMIDA .221 He is nowhere near league average. Show me a team with a batting average under .221. You better look really hard.....because their isn't one. Batting average tells you exactly how good a player is because it takes walks and extra base hits into account. Oh, wait... Just for fun, here's a list of league average or below baseball players based on their batting averages: Harmon Killebrew Mike Schmidt Adam Dunn Daryl Strawberry Richie Sexson Pat Burrell Troy Glaus And for some more fun, here's a list of above average baseball players based on Batting average: Willy Taveras Juan Pierre David Eckstein Shea Hillenbrand Chone Figgins Terry Pendleton B.J. Surhoff One of those is a list of people who are good at baseball. The other is a list of people who are not so good at baseball. Can you guess which one is which?
  19. His defense isn't whats keeping him from starting in the all star game, I garauntee you that. You're right- its the fact that Jose Reyes plays in NY and Hanley plays in South Florida. At least, that's what some would say. I don't even know if I believe this. It plays a much larger role than Hanley's defense. Because 90% of people outside of South Florida don't know anything about his defense.
  20. His defense isn't whats keeping him from starting in the all star game, I garauntee you that. Most players aren't complete ballplayers. None of the other SS in the NL are as complete as Hanley.
  21. So Dolphins Stadium hurts Hermida but not Mike Jacobs? Miguel Cabrera? Dan Uggla? Hanley Ramirez? Amusing. It does hurt Jacobs. And Cabrera, Uggla and Hanley as well. That is because it is a pitchers park. It affects Jacobs and Hermida more because it supresses home runs for lefties more than it does for righties, mostly because the right field wall and power alley are among the furthest in the majors. All of those guys would be better if they played in a park that leaned towards hitters more. That much is obvious. If you refuse to see that because of your blind hatred of Hermida, thats your problem.
  22. I'm ambivalent regarding Hanley as an all-star. Offensively he's other-worldly and no one could argue he doesn't belong there but defensively he's so ho-hum I can't say he's among the league's best or even near it. I voted for him on every ballot I cast purely out of homerism but he has to improve significantly with the glove before I think he beats out other NL shortstops as an ASG starter. Huh? He's probably league average with the glove. Reyes is not a very good defender, despite what ESPN tells you. Renteria has been overrated for a while. Hardy's nothing special. Rollins is a nice defender, but not gold glove caliber. He's also a better hitter than any of them.
  23. yeah but cmon we can send down a borchard or someone He's worse than Jo Bo. Borchard has been just as good as Hillenbrand this season, and he was better than him after his trade to San Fran last year. Also, for the people who say "He's an all star etc." what does that have to do with it? Christian Guzman was an all star. So was Mark Redman. That doesn't mean they are good players. Hillenbrand is absolutely not even worth being looked at.
  24. Terry Pendleton won an MVP and finished second once. Thats not a good barometer for inclusion in the hall of fame. Also, the 1981 season when Mike Schmidt hit 31 home runs and led the league was strike shortened. They only played 107 games. Schmidt's OPS was almost 150 points higher than Dawson's. Dawson finished in the top 10 in OPS 6 times. He was above the league average in OBP 6 times. He topped a .900 OPS once in 21 years. He probably didn't deserve the MVP he did win. Actually the more I look at it, the more I feel like he definitely doesn't belong in the hall. He hit a ton of homers, and had a couple of good seasons, but he never had even one really great season. He was a guy whose reputation was more than his numbers ever indicated. Even if there are tons of examples of people thinking he was one of the best players of his era, that doesn't make it so. The numbers bear out that the only thing he did with any real amount of skill was hit home runs and steal bases (early on in his career).
  25. I didn't realize he's played at Minute Maid for 9 years. Either way, the Astrodome was slightly worse for hitters than Minute Maid is good for them.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.