June 28, 200719 yr well the angels got rid of him......hes got a good bat and i think could help us off the bench...anyone?? could make up for boone going down
June 28, 200719 yr heres one reason why we wont go after him or get him... THE NEW YORK YANKEES Here's an even better reason (I hope) WE AREN'T STUPID.
June 28, 200719 yr I'm not entirely sure we would be a bad fit for Hillenbrand who could a good replacement for Boone in the short term and conceivably he comes in for four-six weeks, plays well, Boone comes back and we trade a resurgent Hillenbrand off for a piece we need. Cost. Virtually nothing. Perfect scenario? Yep, but stranger things have happened the last two weeks of July.
June 28, 200719 yr yeah but cmon we can send down a borchard or someone He's worse than Jo Bo. at least Shea can hit ... but I really doubt the front office even notices that he is available
June 28, 200719 yr The same Shea that's burned bridges and worn out welcomes (and I believe challenged a manager to a fight)? No thank you.
June 28, 200719 yr yeah but cmon we can send down a borchard or someone He's worse than Jo Bo. at least Shea can hit ... but I really doubt the front office even notices that he is available No he can't.
June 28, 200719 yr What's with everyone wanting these cancers? First Dukes, then Barrett, now Hillenbrand. I'll pass on this guy too. I can't believe this is post number 13 and not a single person has brought up "change of scenario". That's what everyone says about this guy and it never works. Also, he's 32 which is WAY TOO OLD to some since that's a big reason a lot of people didn't want Jacque Jones. (I wasn't one of those people.)
June 28, 200719 yr at least Shea can hit Umm, no... Joe Borchard has a higher OPS this year. at least one has a major league career
June 28, 200719 yr at least Shea can hit Umm, no... Joe Borchard has a higher OPS this year. at least one has a major league career Seeing as they both play in the major leagues as their career, that argument holds no water with me.
June 28, 200719 yr at least Shea can hit Umm, no... Joe Borchard has a higher OPS this year. at least one has a major league career So what does Joe Borchard have? Can you at least try to make some sense?
June 28, 200719 yr yeah but cmon we can send down a borchard or someone He's worse than Jo Bo. When was JoBo ever an All-Star third baseman?
June 28, 200719 yr If it were the Marlins objective to use him at first and third for a month his cost for that period would be roughly $50,000. As the trading period (July) ends and there were no bidders for him, they could cut him at a cost of another $100,000 but if some other team subsequently picks him up, since all major league clubs are obligated to pay a player at least a prorated portion of the minimum salary for all players, they would slide into the Marlins spot thus alleviating the Marlins of their obligation. On the otherhand were he to rebound and his value as a rent-a-player increased, the $50,000 the Marlins paid is meaningless if they can get some useful compensation. The only reason this even works at all, and again it's just conjecture, is because the player who backs up first andthird is on the DL. It's a tailor-made situation to showcase the guy for a few weeks. Not too long ago Benitez was a pariah, despised and vilified in San Francisco. Is there anyone who thinks his value hasn't increased because of both play and his enermously lowered financial obligation? I'm not even suggesting the Marlins sign him but if they did I would think it would be linked to a specific purpose and very short term. I don't know that he isn't traded before his ten days and all this is moot or whether LB even has an interest, for any number of legitimate reasons. I'm speaking 100% in the hypothetical. I wouldn't be surprised either way.
June 28, 200719 yr yeah but cmon we can send down a borchard or someone He's worse than Jo Bo. When was JoBo ever an All-Star third baseman? Well he doesn't play third base, but aside from that, Hillenbrand has no bat anymore.
June 28, 200719 yr I doubt the Angels would pay his whole salary which is what it would take for the Marlins to get him. He just doesn't fit here. But he has had a much better career than Joe Borchard and for anyone to mention Borchard with Hillenbrand as a baseball hitter makes me laugh.
June 29, 200719 yr yeah but cmon we can send down a borchard or someone He's worse than Jo Bo. When was JoBo ever an All-Star third baseman? Well he doesn't play third base, but aside from that, Hillenbrand has no bat anymore. He hit .301 last year and .291 in his last full season in 2005. You're ready to deem his bat dead after 197 ABs?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.