For the other Cubans on the site

Guest marlins02

Guest marlins02

we all see the Che t-shirts and dumbass slogans.

the other night im at a friend's house for a little get together he was having. a group of us are there playing games and watching a movie, talking of course. some of us are friends, others we had never met before.

then this one girl and her boyfriend show up. i like them, ive known his girl for a couple of years, she's a nice person and ive known him for a few months. we aint really friends but im cool with them. they good people. anyway ive known that he's very much Pro-Castro as she is and but that night she was actually wearing a "VIVA FIDEL" shirt.

i stayed frozen in my seat staring at the shirt but whatever i shook it off and hugged her and greeted him. most of the night was smooth although granted my eyes wandered a few times towards the shirt not believing she was wearing that.

later we all that table playing a card game and somebody mentions the shirt teasing her about it and a couple of guys i dont know go on to say that they respect Fidel very much and the boyfriend saying viva fidel so im feeling very uncomfortable... then someone points out that Im Cuban and all eyes were on me. the girl knows me and says that Im open minded and that i dont mind. im staying quiet trying to put on a fake smile because my boy opened up his house to me and we there to just have a good time.

later though during the game the boyfriend calls out my name because i lost and as im getting up from the table he said "Viva Fidel" it took me a while to realize what he said because i couldnt believe it but i let it go. at the end of the night i said bye to everyone including them and i even hugged her.

to the Cubans, how would you had reacted? maybe you been in that situation before? part of me wanted to take the dude aside and let him know dont be saying no Viva Fidel sh*t when referencing me.

we all see the Che t-shirts and dumbass slogans.

the other night im at a friend's house for a little get together he was having. a group of us are there playing games and watching a movie, talking of course. some of us are friends, others we had never met before.

then this one girl and her boyfriend show up. i like them, ive known his girl for a couple of years, she's a nice person and ive known him for a few months. we aint really friends but im cool with them. they good people. anyway ive known that he's very much Pro-Castro as she is and but that night she was actually wearing a "VIVA FIDEL" shirt.

i stayed frozen in my seat staring at the shirt but whatever i shook it off and hugged her and greeted him. most of the night was smooth although granted my eyes wandered a few times towards the shirt not believing she was wearing that.

later we all that table playing a card game and somebody mentions the shirt teasing her about it and a couple of guys i dont know go on to say that they respect Fidel very much and the boyfriend saying viva fidel so im feeling very uncomfortable... then someone points out that Im Cuban and all eyes were on me. the girl knows me and says that Im open minded and that i dont mind. im staying quiet trying to put on a fake smile because my boy opened up his house to me and we there to just have a good time.

later though during the game the boyfriend calls out my name because i lost and as im getting up from the table he said "Viva Fidel" it took me a while to realize what he said because i couldnt believe it but i let it go. at the end of the night i said bye to everyone including them and i even hugged her.

to the Cubans, how would you had reacted? maybe you been in that situation before? part of me wanted to take the dude aside and let him know dont be saying no Viva Fidel sh*t when referencing me.

If someone is wearing that shirt, they really have no clue what is going on. Its really not worth your time to try and explain everything. Just hope he runs into someone who really hates fidel and hope they start yelling at him.

We have a friend who wears Che shirts a lot and he is kind of Pro-Castro also. He's not a bad person. I don't know why he feels the way he does, but there's really nothing I could do.

We mess with him when he wears his shirts but he does respect us and doesn't pretty much throw it in our face with "Viva Fidel" or whatnot. We just try not to talk about the subject and just hang out like we usually do. Honestly, I think he tries not to wear the shirts around us, but there's those days that he passes by all of a sudden after going somewhere else and forgets to change.

Yea, it does sort of bother me he has those views, but I realize that it's just his opinion. I know he's a good person and I know that he respects my views. I just try to ignore it and move on.

I would have felt very uncomfortable if I was in your shoes. I think it was kind of f*cked up on his part to say that to you. But you brushed it off and let it go. You did the right thing.

Guest marlins02

I hate the people who own all of those Che shirts and t-shirts and don't know who he was. That pisses me off.

a friend of mine got a che guevara chain and thought that was Jose Marti.

Guest marlins02

I think it was kind of f*cked up on his part to say that to you. But you brushed it off and let it go. You did the right thing.

yeah i went to have a good time, i wasnt trying to get into an argument and like someone said everybody has the right to their opinion which i stronly agree with. but what you and others pointed out (him telling me Viva Fidel) is what really bothered me.

they actually believe the Cuban revolution was this great event while im sitting here thinking its the same revolution that put family members in jail, took everything from them and eventually made them all leave the country they were born in.

well i know i would have reacted in a very negative way which is probabaly what people wearing those shirts want. they are looking for attention and want toi piss people off. so its a good thing u just let it go and didnt say anythign. it sounds like he was trying to push ur buttons. u handled it in a very mature mannor. but it would piss me the hell off i would probably throw a chair at him lol

I dont hang around any pro Castro people. I let it be known how I feel and if someone was wearing a 'viva fidel' shirt I would probably of called them out on it and instigated an argument. It probably wouldve ended up with me calling them lazy commie f***s and telling them to get the f*** out of this country and go live like the people in Cuba if they truly love the man so much.

How can someone seriously be pro castro? Have they not seen the state of cuba? Dont they think things arent going well if millions of people have left and people are risking their lives (on rafts) just to get out?

I think it's just pure ignorance.

ugh... i just read the first line of this thread and it discussed me.

It really annoys me when people wear these kinds of things... i mean... why? Because you look up to him (che, fidel?) if so.. what did they do that makes some1 praise them? For that... there are hundreds of people that deserve to be on shirts that HAVE DONE GOOD THINGS IN LIFE.

migh as well just wear a shirt that says..

"I look up to people that like murdering families to get what they want. I also like people that go into hospitals and kill every1. I love the idea of communism and genocides."

a**holes.

I've never actually met a person who's pro-Fidel. I don't know how I would have reacted, so I'd probably not say anything.

I havent either, but... the only cuban restaurant in Providence is called the cuban revolution. I went there once because I missed cuban food and they have a big poster of che. However the food was horrid, so that made the choice easy. I think when they brought chips and salsa instead of bread, you could tell that not one cuban worked there.

I've never actually met a person who's pro-Fidel. I don't know how I would have reacted, so I'd probably not say anything.

I havent either, but... the only cuban restaurant in Providence is called the cuban revolution. I went there once because I missed cuban food and they have a big poster of che. However the food was horrid, so that made the choice easy. I think when they brought chips and salsa instead of bread, you could tell that not one cuban worked there.

Hahaha! yeah i can guarantee that isn't authentic cuban food lol. That is so insane man. No cuban in their right mind would work in a restauraunt that has a Che poster in it.

I think it was kind of f*cked up on his part to say that to you. But you brushed it off and let it go. You did the right thing.

yeah i went to have a good time, i wasnt trying to get into an argument and like someone said everybody has the right to their opinion which i stronly agree with. but what you and others pointed out (him telling me Viva Fidel) is what really bothered me.

they actually believe the Cuban revolution was this great event while im sitting here thinking its the same revolution that put family members in jail, took everything from them and eventually made them all leave the country they were born in.

next time you see the guy, let him know you have a Hitler shirt for him.

Guest Night Phantom

You took the high road, very very honorable of you. Unfortunately there are plenty of people who wear that stuff around not really understanding life. Then again, he was clearly looking for an argument especially after he called you out and said "Viva Fidel."

Guest marlins02

chips and salsa :lol dammit we aint mexican, seriously though if im alone i probably wouldve walked out as soon as i saw the poster.

lastnight im with my friends again and it came up, i told my friend that i was relatively fine until this one man (a very close friend of his) told me that sh*t after the game. he said he understood where i was coming from.

i can hangout with pro-castro people just dont be throwing that sh*t in my face the same way im not gonna be bringing up the revolution and the Cuban situation out of nowhere. theres a time and a place for everything and a way to handle things and that wasnt one of them.

Guest marlins02

I would have ripped her shirt off and let her boobs hang out. It's funny that you see those

shirts sold at places like "animation". You see a batman shirt on one side, a spider-man

on the other, and right in the middle you have one with a commie pig.

first of all i aint trying to go to jail, 2nd of all i dont agree with her views but she has the right to her opinion. i like the girl, she cool people i just dont agree with her. also it was a friend's house, gotta have respect for his house and his event and not ruin it with an argument. thats just how i see it.