Everything posted by bobbob1313
-
6/13/07 - Cleveland @ Marlins
We need a real right fielder. :banghead Like Joe Borchard? Hermida's not a great defensive right fielder, and he never will be, but to suggest we need to get rid of him is ridiculous. Gotta love the knee jerk reactions of so many on this board.
-
Yankees catching fire
They were severely underperforming and it was only a matter of time they went on a run. Of course now all of the idiots are going to say it's because Giambi's not playing. Because having good players not on the field is good.
-
6/13/07 - Cleveland @ Marlins
i think jake peavy is bumping the marlins off today huh
-
Six games out of first as of 6/12/2007
See my edit.
-
What doesn't the front office understand about buying out arbitrat
Hall because being over rated I'd love to hear why the 26 year old shortstop who slugged .553 was overrated. He's having a bad start to this season. He can still turn it around. And plus, I think they only bought out one year of arbitration on him. I'm not interested in this, he CAN turn it around. Sure, as can Crosby (who I still love irrationally as a ballplayer). But for me, that contract is overvalued. He's also not a shortstop anymore. I think 07 Bill Hall is going to be a lot closer to his actual seasons then 06 Bill Hall. That's not even the point either. I know it's not the point, I just don't understand it. I don't think thats a bad contract. He's severely underperforming his past few season's offensively, and even then he's still about average offensively for a center fielder. Throw in that the Brewers only bought out one year of arbtitration (as far as I can tell) and it's not a bad contract.
-
Six games out of first as of 6/12/2007
Just because you are a fan doesn't mean that you have to have Blind Faith. I root for the Marlins every night no matter who is on the field.....but I'm also realistic. No, you are pessimistic. Overwhelmingly so in every single one of your posts. Right now, this is a .500 ball club. If Josh Johnson comes back and pitches like he did last year, that immediately makes us 4-5 wins over 162 games (so like 3-4 starting now). Thats assuming he's replacing a league average pitcher. In reality, he's replacing one of RVH, Obermueller or Kim, who have been significantly below league average. I'd say for the rest of the season, if Johnson can pitch around 3.6 ERA, we can finish with a good 86-87 wins which probably puts us within 2 or 3 games of the eventual division winner. If Dontrelle and Olsen can turn it around, we can realistically make a run at this. If Johnson can pitch like he did, we've got a real shot here. I think you're underselling the division if you think 90 wins definitely takes it. The Mets aren't as good as they've played thus far. Their pitching is a house of cards waiting to fall down. The Braves are bat or an arm away from 90+ wins. The Phillies are probably an arm away, assuming said arm can pitch with consistent groundball tendencies otherwise, they'll never make the playoffs. I'm not saying the Marlins are the favorites, but they've got a shot assuming things fall into place and our pitching turns around. I don't think 90 wins definetly takes it, but I can't see any one team winning more than like 92-93 games.
-
What doesn't the front office understand about buying out arbitrat
Hall because being over rated I'd love to hear why the 26 year old shortstop who slugged .553 was overrated. He's having a bad start to this season. He can still turn it around. And plus, I think they only bought out one year of arbitration on him.
-
Six games out of first as of 6/12/2007
Just because you are a fan doesn't mean that you have to have Blind Faith. I root for the Marlins every night no matter who is on the field.....but I'm also realistic. No, you are pessimistic. Overwhelmingly so in every single one of your posts. Right now, this is a .500 ball club. If Josh Johnson comes back and pitches like he did last year, that immediately makes us 4-5 wins over 162 games (so like 3-4 starting now). Thats assuming he's replacing a league average pitcher. In reality, he's replacing one of RVH, Obermueller or Kim, who have been significantly below league average. I'd say for the rest of the season, if Johnson can pitch around 3.6 ERA, we can finish with a good 86-87 wins which probably puts us within 2 or 3 games of the eventual division winner. If Dontrelle and Olsen can turn it around, we can realistically make a run at this. If Johnson can pitch like he did, we've got a real shot here.
-
Justin Verlander is pretty darn good
Hopefully the no no gets the top story on SC, like it should Dude, the Yankees played in Arizona. Thats way more important.
-
Dukes gets 17yr old Pregnant
Playa.
-
Justin Verlander is pretty darn good
was only a matter of time with this guy, eh? let's trade for him. That ship has sailed my friend. Congrats to Verlander and his filthy repertoire. In other news, Mark Teahen is a single away from the cycle against St. Louis...in the 4th inning. He's a home run away. Still impressive.
-
Justin Verlander is pretty darn good
Amazing. I'm so glad I got to watch that.
-
Justin Verlander is pretty darn good
8 maids a-milking I was totally gonna say that, man. Stop stealing my thunder.I was as well, but couldn't remember what corresponded with 8 :lol Thats what took me so long. I did a google search only to find Fox had done it...
-
Justin Verlander is pretty darn good
8 maids a-milking I was totally gonna say that, man. Stop stealing my thunder. Stop stealing my heart. I wish I knew how to quit you.
-
Justin Verlander is pretty darn good
8 maids a-milking I was totally gonna say that, man. Stop stealing my thunder.
-
Kelvim Escobar Comes Out Of The Gate Firing
TWICE????
-
Justin Verlander is pretty darn good
My friend is letting me watch it on his MLB.TV account. Pretty cool of him. Hand or mouth pleasure? I'm a giver. Both.
-
Justin Verlander is pretty darn good
My friend is letting me watch it on his MLB.TV account. Pretty cool of him.
-
Justin Verlander is pretty darn good
Blah blah blah.
-
Justin Verlander is pretty darn good
Sometimes, when he pitches really well, he's among the better pitchers in baseball. But sometimes when he pitches poorly, he is not. He is pitching well tonight, I think.
-
Kelvim Escobar Comes Out Of The Gate Firing
3-3.
-
FALSE RUMOR: Griffey Traded to the Braves
Oh, I didn't know about the TJ surgery. That changes things.
-
FALSE RUMOR: Griffey Traded to the Braves
A. Denorfia was traded to Oakland for Marcus McBeth and a PTBNL Man, I keep on forgetting how bad the Reds are at making trades...
-
6/12/07 - Cleveland @ Marlins
Man for being such a good hitter Cabrera often looks foolish at the plate. He swings at some bad pitches from time to time. The best hitter ever got out 53% of the time and struck out over 1300 times.
-
6/12/07 - Cleveland @ Marlins
Hanley needs a good benching to solve his issues. It's so cute when people get all drastic and say things that don't make any sense. Dear Fredi, Please bench Hanley. Thank You, CapeFish It's so cute when people get all drastic and say things that don't make any sense.