Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bobbob1313

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobbob1313

  1. We need a real right fielder. :banghead Like Joe Borchard? Hermida's not a great defensive right fielder, and he never will be, but to suggest we need to get rid of him is ridiculous. Gotta love the knee jerk reactions of so many on this board.
  2. They were severely underperforming and it was only a matter of time they went on a run. Of course now all of the idiots are going to say it's because Giambi's not playing. Because having good players not on the field is good.
  3. i think jake peavy is bumping the marlins off today huh
  4. Hall because being over rated I'd love to hear why the 26 year old shortstop who slugged .553 was overrated. He's having a bad start to this season. He can still turn it around. And plus, I think they only bought out one year of arbitration on him. I'm not interested in this, he CAN turn it around. Sure, as can Crosby (who I still love irrationally as a ballplayer). But for me, that contract is overvalued. He's also not a shortstop anymore. I think 07 Bill Hall is going to be a lot closer to his actual seasons then 06 Bill Hall. That's not even the point either. I know it's not the point, I just don't understand it. I don't think thats a bad contract. He's severely underperforming his past few season's offensively, and even then he's still about average offensively for a center fielder. Throw in that the Brewers only bought out one year of arbtitration (as far as I can tell) and it's not a bad contract.
  5. Just because you are a fan doesn't mean that you have to have Blind Faith. I root for the Marlins every night no matter who is on the field.....but I'm also realistic. No, you are pessimistic. Overwhelmingly so in every single one of your posts. Right now, this is a .500 ball club. If Josh Johnson comes back and pitches like he did last year, that immediately makes us 4-5 wins over 162 games (so like 3-4 starting now). Thats assuming he's replacing a league average pitcher. In reality, he's replacing one of RVH, Obermueller or Kim, who have been significantly below league average. I'd say for the rest of the season, if Johnson can pitch around 3.6 ERA, we can finish with a good 86-87 wins which probably puts us within 2 or 3 games of the eventual division winner. If Dontrelle and Olsen can turn it around, we can realistically make a run at this. If Johnson can pitch like he did, we've got a real shot here. I think you're underselling the division if you think 90 wins definitely takes it. The Mets aren't as good as they've played thus far. Their pitching is a house of cards waiting to fall down. The Braves are bat or an arm away from 90+ wins. The Phillies are probably an arm away, assuming said arm can pitch with consistent groundball tendencies otherwise, they'll never make the playoffs. I'm not saying the Marlins are the favorites, but they've got a shot assuming things fall into place and our pitching turns around. I don't think 90 wins definetly takes it, but I can't see any one team winning more than like 92-93 games.
  6. Hall because being over rated I'd love to hear why the 26 year old shortstop who slugged .553 was overrated. He's having a bad start to this season. He can still turn it around. And plus, I think they only bought out one year of arbitration on him.
  7. Just because you are a fan doesn't mean that you have to have Blind Faith. I root for the Marlins every night no matter who is on the field.....but I'm also realistic. No, you are pessimistic. Overwhelmingly so in every single one of your posts. Right now, this is a .500 ball club. If Josh Johnson comes back and pitches like he did last year, that immediately makes us 4-5 wins over 162 games (so like 3-4 starting now). Thats assuming he's replacing a league average pitcher. In reality, he's replacing one of RVH, Obermueller or Kim, who have been significantly below league average. I'd say for the rest of the season, if Johnson can pitch around 3.6 ERA, we can finish with a good 86-87 wins which probably puts us within 2 or 3 games of the eventual division winner. If Dontrelle and Olsen can turn it around, we can realistically make a run at this. If Johnson can pitch like he did, we've got a real shot here.
  8. Hopefully the no no gets the top story on SC, like it should Dude, the Yankees played in Arizona. Thats way more important.
  9. was only a matter of time with this guy, eh? let's trade for him. That ship has sailed my friend. Congrats to Verlander and his filthy repertoire. In other news, Mark Teahen is a single away from the cycle against St. Louis...in the 4th inning. He's a home run away. Still impressive.
  10. Amazing. I'm so glad I got to watch that.
  11. 8 maids a-milking I was totally gonna say that, man. Stop stealing my thunder.I was as well, but couldn't remember what corresponded with 8 :lol Thats what took me so long. I did a google search only to find Fox had done it...
  12. 8 maids a-milking I was totally gonna say that, man. Stop stealing my thunder. Stop stealing my heart. I wish I knew how to quit you.
  13. 8 maids a-milking I was totally gonna say that, man. Stop stealing my thunder.
  14. My friend is letting me watch it on his MLB.TV account. Pretty cool of him. Hand or mouth pleasure? I'm a giver. Both.
  15. My friend is letting me watch it on his MLB.TV account. Pretty cool of him.
  16. Blah blah blah.
  17. Sometimes, when he pitches really well, he's among the better pitchers in baseball. But sometimes when he pitches poorly, he is not. He is pitching well tonight, I think.
  18. Oh, I didn't know about the TJ surgery. That changes things.
  19. A. Denorfia was traded to Oakland for Marcus McBeth and a PTBNL Man, I keep on forgetting how bad the Reds are at making trades...
  20. Man for being such a good hitter Cabrera often looks foolish at the plate. He swings at some bad pitches from time to time. The best hitter ever got out 53% of the time and struck out over 1300 times.
  21. Hanley needs a good benching to solve his issues. It's so cute when people get all drastic and say things that don't make any sense. Dear Fredi, Please bench Hanley. Thank You, CapeFish It's so cute when people get all drastic and say things that don't make any sense.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.