Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bobbob1313

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobbob1313

  1. Hanley needs a good benching to solve his issues. It's so cute when people get all drastic and say things that don't make any sense.
  2. Standard old fashioned phone ring sound.
  3. Why would it be a huge mistake? They already have McCann and it's not like Griffey is bad. He's having a great year, and they could stick him in LF and minimize the injury risk. i'm betting it's diaz and a minor leaguer. Hell no. It would either be Salty or pitching. Because there's no reason for them to pick up a left fielder. What they need is a center fielder. And Satalamcchia is so much more valuable than Griffey at this point it's insane.
  4. Carmona's success thus far has been a total house of cards affair, and he's due for some regression any day now. Would be nice to see it tonight. Unfortunately, Travis Hafner's due to go on a tear...
  5. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6763 Adam Dunn supposedly being shopped according to fox sports and mlbtraderumors. Would you want him? What would you give up for him? Could he give protection in the lineup for Cabrera? Even if he hits 250 he will put up an 850-900 OPS I love Dunn. If he were on our team, I'd be much more likely to consider us contenders. Our lineup would be ridiculous.
  6. Just need new ownership. Loria probably couldnt afford to give those deals out even with a new stadium. And it is sad. That's BS. Post 2004, Cabrera would have been around a 5/$25 buyout deal through 2009. 2005-2007 the Marlins have paid Cabrera approx $8. And it's going to be $11-12 next year. Once year 6 figures come in, right there, you've saved yourself $10 million bucks over 3 seasons when he is going to make $15 million a year. This practice SAVES money. And it astronomically helps your ballclub by getting your player for cheaper. It's absolutely stupid, and one of the main reasons why Beinfest is not one of the premier GM's in baseball. You cannot pawn this issue off onto Loria, as we can with free agency, when it saves money. You absolutely cannot blame this on Beinfest. I think both Loria and Beinfest are to blame. Beinfest can only spend what Loria allows him to. Which is exactly why you cannot blame Beinfest. Loria's won't let him spend more.
  7. Just need new ownership. Loria probably couldnt afford to give those deals out even with a new stadium. And it is sad. That's BS. Post 2004, Cabrera would have been around a 5/$25 buyout deal through 2009. 2005-2007 the Marlins have paid Cabrera approx $8. And it's going to be $11-12 next year. Once year 6 figures come in, right there, you've saved yourself $10 million bucks over 3 seasons when he is going to make $15 million a year. This practice SAVES money. And it astronomically helps your ballclub by getting your player for cheaper. It's absolutely stupid, and one of the main reasons why Beinfest is not one of the premier GM's in baseball. You cannot pawn this issue off onto Loria, as we can with free agency, when it saves money. You absolutely cannot blame this on Beinfest.
  8. Clark>Ross>Borchard>Abercrombie Yeah. Not really. He's probably better than Borchard and Abercrombie, but not Ross, as long as you use him right. Ross kills lefties. He hits lefties better than anyone on our team, and a platoon of him and Fredo in CF would give us above average production out of CF. Clark is a guy who can talk a walk sometimes, has some speed (but gets caught stealing way too much) and has very little pop in the bat. If we can get him for the league minimum I'm ok with it, but he's not a huge upgrade over anyone on our team right now.
  9. If he can run, hit and catch - I am all for it. Most guys in MLB can do that to some extent. If he can do them all well, then I'm interested. But I don't think he can.
  10. forums.viachicago.org (Wilco/music board)
  11. Yeah, Baltimore wouldn't be a bad day trip. There is a train service that runs between DC and Baltimore exclusively. The fare is $7 one way per person. The Orioles are also playing the Yankees at Camden Yards at the end of July, I believe. That's always fun. If you need insight on Charm City, I'm your guy. Can I just say I love going to Baltimore. My uncle used to live up there so I'd go once every few years and I loved it everytime. They've really made downtown into a nice place to go. Of course, there's some crappy places, but overall I liked it alot. I love all of those big old Northeaster cities (Providence, Boston, Pittsburgh, Philly, Baltimore). They've got something that no other cities in the country can touch, though I can't put my finger on what it quite is. I think it's just that there seems to be a mix of small town and big city in one area that I like alot.
  12. If you can, spend a day in Baltimore. The aquarium there is probably the best I've ever been to. That place is absolutely amazing, and (at least last summer) they had a spectacular forest recreation on the outside that had to be seen. So much to see there. I highly reccomend a day in the inner harbor.
  13. My absolute favorite museum in washington (and maybe my favorite museum anywhere) is the Air and Space museum. Haven't been there for a few years, but when I went I loved it. So much cool stuff. If I'm not mistake aren't the museums in Washington free? If so definetly check them all out. Can't go wrong with museums. The archive is cool, but you can't really get a feel for the magnitude of everything in there when it's all so sterile and you are just whisked through.
  14. The Marlins lead the league in the amount of times they have stuck out, a total of 550 times. The next team is the Devil Rays, at 483, almost a 70 strikeout difference. This is unacceptable. Strike outs are rally killers, and the worst way to get out. They can't keep this up. We make duds look like studs. Has the hitting coach not told them to shorten the swing and hit for contact with 2 strikes? Has Fredi told them to be aggressive and swing away with two strikes? I don't know. I want answers, and as far as I know, Bill Robinson left a long time ago. A double play is a much worse rally killer than a strikeout. A hit and run with less than 2 out where you hit a sharp line drive right at someone is a much worse rally killer. In fact, I can't think of any time when a strikeout is the worst type of out, unless the guy on base was running and gets thrown out. If bases are loaded, then a groundball or a flyball to the outfield could score a run, while a strike out does absolutely nothing. When the ball is hit, anything could happen, errors, bloops, infield hits, etc. This is what I mean. If you hit a groundball with the bases loaded you also run the risk of a double play (much worse than a strikeout.) When you put the ball in play, more often than not, you will be out.
  15. Sandlot is my number one. Nothing else captures the unhinged joy and unpredictable-ness of young summers. Even if all you are doing is playing baseball and going to the pool everyday, you never know what will happen, and when you are young, anything can happen. IT's the epitome of the perfect sport movie. Jerry Maguire is very good, and I might consider it a sports movie. I'd consider that movie to be great if not for Renee Zelwegger. I cannot stand her. Major League is definetly in my top 5, if only for Bob Eucker. My 5: 5. Happy Gilmore 4. Caddyshack 3. Jerry Maguire 2. Major League 1. Sandlot
  16. The Marlins lead the league in the amount of times they have stuck out, a total of 550 times. The next team is the Devil Rays, at 483, almost a 70 strikeout difference. This is unacceptable. Strike outs are rally killers, and the worst way to get out. They can't keep this up. We make duds look like studs. Has the hitting coach not told them to shorten the swing and hit for contact with 2 strikes? Has Fredi told them to be aggressive and swing away with two strikes? I don't know. I want answers, and as far as I know, Bill Robinson left a long time ago. A double play is a much worse rally killer than a strikeout. A hit and run with less than 2 out where you hit a sharp line drive right at someone is a much worse rally killer. In fact, I can't think of any time when a strikeout is the worst type of out, unless the guy on base was running and gets thrown out.
  17. bobbob1313 replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    I'll reccomend My Name Is Earl, Freaks and Geeks, and How I Met YOur Mother on DVD. That shows kick ass.
  18. I never said that Clemens was gonna be terrible. I said he would be meaningless. Anything can happen but I don't believe they will have the pitching depth to surpass Detroit and Oakland, even if they could beat out the Mariners and the Twins. BTW Pierre was given the night off He started last nite and is in the lineup tonite. He is hitting 8th with Furcal leading off not a bad thing IMO. If that is your definition of being benched.... If not then Dude double check your facts please I am sorry Polo I don't mean to be rough on you but it is totally wrong to say pierre has been benched I highly, highly doubt that the Dodgers are happy with Pierre's 63 OPS+. Thats absolutely awful. Thats Reggie Abercrombie-esque. The only people who should be happy with Pierre production are the teams who get to play against him every night. He's a bad baseball player.
  19. This has nothing to do with how I feel about Mitre. It has to do with people being dicks and calling a person a moron for his personal opinion. And most of those people, Ramp excluded, where most likely among those who didnt want Mitre on the team. Or let me ask you a question, do you expect Mitre to continue pitching like he has? A guy that wouldnt be on our roster if not for JJ being hurt...you really think he will finish the year out as a top 1-2 pitcher in this league? Because to me he is implying that RVH will outpitch Mitre for the remainder of the year. And that is something that could happen. We dont know if it will or not. The fact that the team had him as the #2 starter on opening day last season tells me that they expected good things out of him. And, thus far in his career as a Marlin, he's been above average. It's amazing how enamored people get on this board with guys with a fastball and a nice curve. Nolasco's got one of the sickest change ups I've ever seen, but he can't get it over the plate consistently. Thus far in his career (in a miniscule sample size), Rick Vanden Hurk has the same problem. People don't seem to understand that anything can happen in a small sample size of one start, or that their eyes can infact decieve them. Just because a guy looks like he has a great curveball and he no hits a team through 6 innings doesn't mean he's going to be a great pitcher. He very well may be, but there's no garauntees, and at this point, Mitre is much more of a sure thing than RVH.
  20. bobbob1313 replied to Iowa's topic in Sports
    He kills righties. Always has. If a guy who kills righties only has to face righties, he's gonna do great. We'd do well to figure that out once Jacobs gets back.
  21. Morgan is really that bad for u guys?? I think he is OK nothing special though. John Miller can call a game IMO. Has alot of energy and a good voice for the game. Morgan is mostly just stupid.
  22. Nope on the bashing the Marlins thing. I said I didn't like him because he goes with the general opinion then trys to make it sound like it is his own ideas and everyone is just agreeing with him. The Marlins bashing is simply icing on the cake for me. I just don't like the guy. The day he comes back to the booth is the day I hit mute. I don't watch his HBO show either. It's just my opinion. I'm entitled to it just as you and penguin are entitled yours. There are numerous national announcers who are worse. Joe Morgan, Tim McCarver, Joe Buck, etc are all 100x worse than Costas ever will be. Those guys are idiots.
  23. I believe Vanden Hurk is an upgrade over Mitre as well as Mitre has been pitching. RVH is just nasty Dumbest. Post. Ever.
  24. i laugh at any "expert" thats says the drays will be good within the next 5 years I laugh at you. Dudebro, stop harshing his vibe. If they were smart, they'd trade some of their hitting for pitching. They don't develop pitchers well, so they need to get some.
  25. Btw if you are looking at his minor league numbers on the baseball cube you should know that they have some stats there that arent his. Well then that kind of changes everything. I'd be much more open to seeing him in a more positive light if I could see his real stats. Anyone have them?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.